or Connect

Posts by m0xxie

Perfectly natural, in my experience. For a while during my first tri, it felt like I was throwing up from both ends (sometimes almost at the same time). Miserable! Don't think it was anything to do with what I was eating, just crazy hormones at work. I rode it out without drugs, and soon the constipation returned... can't say I was wild about that, but second tri has been much better, so hope you will be feeling better soon!
I had the same problem, not wanting to drink water, and not keeping water down when I did manage to drink it. What worked best for me was a couple of nice thick slices of juicy orange floating in a big glass of room temperature filtered water. Something about just that little bit of sweet orange scent and flavor really changed the nature of the water for me, and enabled me to get several tall glasses a day into me. Hang in there, it will get easier in time! P.S. Also,...
Quote: Originally Posted by •Adorkable• bra extenders rock and yeah they are way cheeper at a decent fabric store. and places like Joanns usually has big coupons in the paper Joann's coupons! Great thinking! You may be my frugal soulmate! I believe if you sign up on their web site, they will send you coupons by email, too.
Fabric stores sell bra extenders... they're also available online: http://www.amazon.com/Extenders-Indi.../dp/B0000864RH they're basically just elastic strips with rows of hooks and eyes on them, and they are a cheap, easy way to add inches to the band. You don't need to buy one for every bra, either, just get one for each type of bra (2 hook, 3 hook, etc.) that you want to wear. I have started using them with my bras...This might be just what you need.
DDCC here: At my last doctor's appointment, they wouldn't let my DH enter the room with me initially, which I was not happy about. They explained that pregnancy can put a lot of strain on a relationship, and they wanted to provide a safe, private place to ask me if everything was ok at home, to make sure that there was no abuse going on and offer resources to me if such was the case (something so far from a possibility in my life that it would never have even occurred to...
I feel for you! I had a scary round of spotting at seven weeks, and all the ladies here were unbelievably supportive and comforting to me, so much so, that when I spotted again at 13 weeks, I didn't even need to post about it (until now!). Had an appointment already scheduled for later that week, so went in and baby was perfect and active and measuring a week ahead of schedule. So, while blood is never a great sign, it often turns out not to be anything worrisome, either....
I'm just entering my second trimester now, and I have heaps and loads of sympathy for you! Like you, I got the nausea bad, starting at about 5 or 6 weeks, and I tried everything I could find (short of the drugs) to make myself feel better. For me, I just had to take it one day (and sometimes one hour) at a time, noticing the small changes and being grateful for every little break or breakthrough. I did (after many weeks) at last reach a kind of peace in submission to what...
My own intuition (and that's all it is, so take it for what it's worth) about many/most kids' food allergies is that they have a lot more to do with introducing foods too early for the not-yet-fully-developed digestive system to deal effectively with. I don't know how much evidence there may be for this, but it makes a certain amount of intuitive sense to me. I'm not concerned about anything that I eat causing allergies for my baby, in fact I think it's really good to...
I've read that some doctors use a local on the pregnant woman's belly prior to inserting the big needle for amniocentesis (typically performed between 15-20w), so I'm sure there are some locals that are considered perfectly safe for pregnancy. Good luck!!
I am so thrilled that my nausea/food aversions have finally lifted to the point that I can read and enjoy these food postings (earlier they had been pure torture!). I have been loving Trader Joe's organic popcorn (comes pre-popped in olive oil) which goes great with a stick of string cheese for a quick easy snack. My recipe for pizza bagels: split and toast a whole sprouted wheat bagel, butter lightly with Earth Balance spread (not strictly necessary, but nice), top...