or Connect

Posts by P.J.

I'm glad it all worked out. I would've reacted the exact same way. I was just thinking today: our son is 3 and has never had any artificial colors....yet. I am so happy about that. But yeah, that bubble's bound to burst, right? I get a little paranoid about artificial ingredients, especially coloring, in children's food (well in my food too, but less so as my body's much bigger and not still developing). So I fully sympathize and don't even blame you at all for freaking...
I think they're a scam, quite frankly. They're playing on people's fears that their child will become learning disabled or fall behind in school. I think childhood (especially early childhood) is and should be all about play. Young children learn through play. This is a fact and proven through studies, besides being obvious if you really observe a child. It's sad to me that many parents are overly focused on and worried about education when their child is only 2, 3, 4...
We always left ours on all night. But it has a high-quality magnet closure that will open with pressure. We took it off for the bath though.  
videos new toys and books coloring her own backpack / suitcase / carry-on walking the aisles lots of snacks  
I would just google "clothes made in america / europe / canada ,etc". Or, you could find smaller companies and email to ask where it's made. It's tough because these days even the highest quality clothing companies tend to have their clothes made in a poorer country. Etsy is a great idea, but most likely the fabric they are using was made in a factory in a third world country. So avoiding 100% is really really tough.
  Honestly, I don't think a 23 month old should have to deal with bullying. Yes, school aged children do. But that's a far cry from a not-yet-two-year-old. Toddler aggression is not bullying, it's acting out. And most toddlers will get hit or bit or hair pulled at some point if you're out there being social. But there is a limit and I would not keep seeing these people for the next few months at least. I think it's beyond lame, and totally irresponsible that they don't do...
What about putting your baby in a back carry? I would also be hesitant in the first few months, but I know it is possible to safely back carry a newborn (go to the Babywearing forum for more info and advice on that). That way you have your hands free to deal with your toddler. You could also have the baby in a front carry and then for the short time your son needs your help sling the baby onto your back (this would only work with a soft structured type carrier, probably...
I agree, that sounds like too much. You could always try and the very first sign of trouble just forget it. But....many kids won't tell you directly, even when asked, if there's some bullying or other problem.   Can you find someone to rideshare with? If you don't know for sure is there some sort of bulletin board for parents you could find someone that way? Or, could you somehow tack all your errands and other activities onto that trip and not leave the house / use...
We had a similar problem when we were still breastfeeding and in the process of weaning. (We weaned when he was 2.5 years, he's almost 3 now). He was almost weaned but still needed to suck on the breast to fall asleep. Someone on this forum suggested this to me: What I did was switch the sequence of the routine, so I nursed him after his bath but before getting into bed, so he was still getting the boob, but not in order to fall asleep. I was very surprised how well this...
    As for your concern 1., I have to ask: how often does your toilet overflow? I am nearly forty and have never even seen an overflowing toilet, so it seems like a very arbitrary and irrelevant concern. Even if your toilet overflows every other day, you just make it part of the toilet ritual to put the books back. Just like cleaning up toys before bed, or washing hands before a meal, or brushing teeth. Just part of the routine.   Concern #2: everything I have ever read,...