or Connect

Posts by P.J.

We are about to embark on potty training using this woman's advice. She highly recommends the squatty potty. It is actually easier to poo in the squat position than sitting. In Asia they use squat toilets. Anyway, maybe this is TMI, but I already have a "poopy stool" I keep under the sink and occasionally use. I hadn't realized the squatty potty was just that. It truly helps get things moving! Highly recommended!  
The actual ceremony, not really. I don't know any toddlers or babies who are good at sitting still and silent through a ceremony. But receptions, totally! I think it's fun to have kids there! Usually they (at least the younger ones) tire out and leave earlier than the other guests. I know a friend who ended up pushing her three year old around the hallways of the hotel during the ceremony. Other than that, we brought our two month old to a wedding, but only the...
I love the Osho Zen Tarot!   Sure, I'll take a card, or whatever type of reading you're offering.  
    Well it hasn't worked yet. We aren't starting til mid-May. But I think it's going to go fine....
I actually just got turned on to this amazing woman (thank you Adorkable!!):   oh crap potty training   I'm in the middle of her book right now, and we are going to start potty training in a few weeks. She's very AP friendly and her advice does not use rewards (which I was wary of from the get-go and one reason I prolonged starting...our DS is nearly 3). She has a really fun, friendly and humorous way of writing and lots of experience and great tips and...
    I once started a thread here, some years ago, about how painful it is for me to see a mama pushing a screaming newborn through a store in a pram, acting as if nothing were happening. I always think PICK YOUR BABY UP!!!!!!!   Well, the response I got was 85% "You have no idea what that woman is going through, think twice before you judge"   Now, I still cringe when I see a woman ignoring a screaming newborn in a buggy. But I also still remember that I am only seeing a...
At least start part-time and if he seems to really love it then switch to longer days. Entering preschool is a major transition for a small child and going from none at all to all day is too much for lots of kids. So again, at the very least start with half-days and then see where you're at. Good luck!  
I am in the process of giving up caffeine. So far it has been pretty painless, except I have noticed that some mornings or days I am more tired. Since I can no longer remedy that with coffee, what are some alternatives? I'm looking for both general supplements (like B vitamins?) for overall energy, as well as pick-me-ups for the morning or the afternoon slump. By the way I mean no caffeine at all, so even if it's tea or herbal yet contains caffeine, I can't have it. It has...
Well I guess I'm not surprised that the South is behind in the mainstream views of discipline. Because where I live (central Europe) and many places in the US, spanking is taboo throughout the parenting spectrum and if someone spanked their kid in public they would hear it from the other parents. People do still spank, but it is so socially unacceptable that the ones who do, do it at home.   Honestly, I don't think you should worry about not following the norm and...
We were given some (barely) used Robeez as a hand me down and they were wonderful for our baby (this was before he could walk). They survived so well that I have since passed them on to be used again! Then once he outgrew those we bought some no-name similar "shoes", which he used as slippers indoors, and they also held up great. I don't think it's necessary to pay more for the brand name in this case and you could get a product of equal value for less money.