or Connect

Posts by JENinOR

Quote: Originally Posted by fromscatteredtribe sometimes you just have to trust your instincts and protect them but be reasonable. I really had a hard time once when some woman came up lecturing me about "molestationers" (what she called them) when i let my five year old go pee alone in a familiar place....... you have to know your child and know the place....sometimes you are changing a diaper or nursing a babe or cleaning up a knocked over display...
I copied and pasted my response from another thread but wanted to make sure as many moms could see it as possible. Thanks, Jenny. Please never send your son into a men's restroom alone. I have heard this tragic happening before but it happened a few years back in my little town. Dad let son (not sure of age) go to the potty by himself, his son was taking a while so dad went to get him and found his son in the act of being molested by a man. The dad caught the man and...
Please never send your son into a men's restroom alone. I have heard this tragic happening before but it happened a few years back in my little town. Dad let son (not sure of age) go to the potty by himself, his son was taking a while so dad went to get him and found his son in the act of being molested by a man. The dad caught the man and he was prosecuted. I am so glad because so many sexual assault victims predators are not caught in the act and the children often...
I have heard little bits about attachment parenting and am wondering what the basic philosphy and princables are. Can anyone fill me in? I am pretty sure I won't subscribe to everything, because there has never been a book or advice that I ever thought was completely well rounded. I usually end up taking a little of this and that from here and there and find what works for my family. Thanks, Jenny
HI there! I am just checking in and am on my way to nap while my kiddo's are napping but I wanted to say that I put a plastic mattress cover over my mattress a few weeks before my births. With a mattress pad over it it wasn't to bad as we got used to it quick and slept fine. I think they are less than $10 or so. Also, during the birth we put a paint cloth on the floor to protect the carpet. They have cheap plastic and cloth or you could use old sheets. Just a few...
You all gave me many things to think about...Thank You! I think I am discovering why I have this lack of enjoyment. I had the same mw for my first two births but this one is new to me. I am just really tired this point in my life...emotionally and physically. It is hard establishing a new relationship on a personal and caregiver level and I just don't have it to give. But, I do agree with pp that this is the woman that will be with me at a vunerable time ...so having...
What are the real benefits of prenatal appointments? Mainly, I feel like I am going to see if somethings wrong with the baby and I get a little anxious before I go. Wouldn't I know if something was wrong? I guess the hearing an off heartbeat, uterine growth, weight gain could indicate a problem that could be helped? But the baby can't even survive outside of the womb until a certain age...so maybe I could start going in at twenty someting weeks? I could see finding...
Please suggest she get a second medical opinion. Medical Error is the leading cause of accidental death last time I checked and it would be a good protocal for all of us to seek out second opinions and doing our own research before making major and minor health descions. Okay end of lecture.
Quote: Originally Posted by HomeBirthMommy I know some preggie mamas freak at the thought, but I would suggest drinking some wine and letting that relax her enough to get a good night's sleep. Does she have access to a pool where she can just float? That sounds heavenly... HomeBirthMommy, I had the understanding that wine can help you get to sleep but the quality of sleep isn't the best. I have heard this about most sleepaids though. I...
Quote: Originally Posted by amyandelle Thanks everyone!! Her doctor told her no sex, no baths, no pools because it could cause an infection(?) I will pass the other suggestions on to her. When she is hooked up to the monitor she is having actual contractions. They are going to induce her on Monday so that is the reason she wants to get things moving naturally.Thanks, Amy ~sigh~ I don't know the whole situation but it sounds like the...