or Connect

Posts by Jenne

Thank you all so much for your help and support! I don't yet feel comfortable trying side lying nursing because of my large, soft breasts. We had a breathing issue a week ago during the daytime in the cradle hold and I just don't feel safe trying side lying while tired at night. That is on the plan for a month or so down the road when she has more strength and head control. Something wonderful to look forward to! Last night was much better! Thank goodness! ...
I didn't want to use the word "hate". But that is sort of what I'm feeling, I guess. I did do a search on here and so I know I'm not the only one who has felt this way but most of the posts were for older kiddos or tandem or pregnant nursing...that's not us. DD is 2 weeks old today. I really don't mind nursing her during the daytime...I guess. It's not like I have other things to do and DH is here and talks to me. But at night? Oh.My.Goodness I wake up and pray...
Barefoot Girl- Congratulations on this milestone! Update and let us know how things went at daycare... Jenne
Thank you both for your stories, encouragement, and help! I really appreciate it!!! Tryingfortwo- YES! I have big, soft breasts with smallish nipples (they were inverted but that has resolved mostly over the previous week! ) and most of the time I cannot even see if she is latched properly because of my breast being in the way. Thank you both for the frame that I am still feeding my child (every hour! as we are now in the 1 week growth spurt! ) and just to relax. ...
Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it! I was feeling sort of frantic with wanting to help her. About 3am I did get the paci out because I didn't think it was safe for her to sleep with my little finger in her mouth and each time I would take it out of her mouth...no matter that she had been sleeping soundly for 15 minutes...she would wake up upset. She is only getting the paci after feeding, changing, and me being sure she isn't hungry. We went with...
So DD is just 1 week old. Well, okay 1 week and 1 day old. So tiny! We are currently using a nipple shield to nurse because of inverted nipples and DD's preference. (You can read the riveting thread in Feb 2011 or Breastfeeding...) In the past three days though DD has started to suck but not swallow towards the end of feedings. This is also happening "between" feedings (as in she wakes from a short nap, I pop her on to nurse as opposed to days where she sleeps 2-4...
I thought DD and I were doing well while at the hospital. Althought I have inverted nipples she was nursing every 2 hours or so, sleeping well, and having the right number of soiled diapers (fewer pees ones though on day 4 than she "should" have). My nipples were pulling out more each day. We left the hospital on day 4 and about 2 hours before we left the LC came in and "helped" by putting a nipple shield on me. I had no information on nipple shields and she didn't...
Please try to avoid a nipple shield! I had no information about them or their function prior to today. On Monday just before leaving the hospital the LC came in and put one on me and said that “fixed” the problem. The thing is, it is a tool, not a fix. Like all tools it is good that it is available but it is overused and can damage supply and cause nipple confusion. I wasn’t informed so I want to help others avoid the awful day we had if I can. My girl refused my...
Thank you all so much! Although I didn't go ahead with the planned planned c-section...I did have a semi-planned (ie I asked for it and a few hours later had it) c-section after *I* called it a failed induction. It took 12 hours to go from 50% effaced to 60% and 0 to 1-1.5. Then 10 hours to go from 1.5 to 3 and the 3 was had when I she said I was 2 and I asked if she could stretch me. So she did and I made 3! Yahoo! 5 hours later I hadn't progressed at all despite...
Thank you all so much for the warm wishes and congratulations. It was really hard up until Friday at around 8am. Then there was just peace and then she was here! I went in for the induction at 11am on Wednesday. Cervidil to ripen from 3pm-3am. At 3am I was 1-1.5 cm and 70% effaced. Yahoo! But I was also having regular contractions! Double yahoo! I labored from 3am-8am and made no progress. I was having to be in the bed on the pit and monitors until I was...