or Connect

Posts by GreenbankMom

Has anyone had experience with a toddler waking up crying? Not from night terrors, but just from waking up. My son used to always cry/tantrum when going to sleep...lots of drama there. We have worked through some of that and for the most part he can go to sleep without a tantrum now. But he still consistently wakes up crying and has a tantrum for anywhere from 5 minutes- 30 minutes depending on the day. It's as if falling a sleep and waking up are torture for him. He...
  Gotta have baby legs to complete the outfit!
  Yes, that's an organic flat diaper. As old school as it gets and they worked like a charm. 
Snapdragon, I agree totally with your instincts about soy. Thank goodness the soy milk thing was only a phase. It lasted a few days and that was that. No more. My gut was saying it was not the right choice, and he quickly lost interest. So we are all happy. His obsession was definitely part of the weaning process. Interestingly, I offered him a bottle of freshly pumped milk, and he tasted it, wrinkled his nose and said it was yucky. So now we drink no milk, which is fine...
I am weaning my 17 month ds. I am 13 weeks pregnant and had planned on nursing much much longer, but alas it was not in the cards. He had weaned fairly successfully, down to one feeding a day in the early morning.  But then he got a really terrible cold and I nursed him here and there for comfort, plus I felt guilty thinking that he probably got sick because I wasn't breast-feeding anymore. Bad idea! The inconsistency has made him insecure I think. He's confused and he...
He's 13 months now, but we started using the fuzzibunz at 3-4 months. We had a lot of problems with changing him throughout the night. It was hard to get him to go back to sleep. So I bought several brands of "all-night" diapers and tested them out and got the best results with fuzzi bunz. Though the bum-genius works well too, I just don't care for the stiffness of the fabric.  We tried disposables, but they get soooo hot, I worried about his little parts getting...
We use fuzzi-bunz, with 2 micro-fleece liners. DS nurses all night. He wears them for 11 hours, no leaks, no complaints, and he is a HEAVY wetter.
I think we have the same child! Our 13 mo old is the same way in bed. 4 hours of sleep in a row is a miracle. He has gotten much worse in the last month and a half. There was a brief period around 10-11 months where he started sleeping 3-4 hrs peacefully in a row. Now he's up every 1-2 hours and he is a crazy man for the breast. He will scream like it's life or death if he even thinks he's not getting the boob. I don't eat dairy and neither does he, so I know it can't be...
If your kids are getting good sleep then you are doing the best thing for them!! Oh how I envy you! We co-sleep, but our DS hates sleep in general. So I get the joy of having his little warm body next to me all night (which I love), but he wakes up every hour or so to nurse, he kicks and hits me in the face, and sometimes he stands up and tries to walk around.   I am a firm believer in co-sleeping. But if he would sleep better in his crib I would happily put him there...
Thanks Moonmama and Sacredpresence for your kind words of support. Now that I vented, I feel less hopeless.    I am bummed no one had any advice to offer us! Come on Mothering.com community, I know there is wisdom out there somewhere.   I think this is going to be the way he is for quite awhile. I also thought that around 12 months he would grow out of it. I guess not.    How many hours of sleep a day do your kids get? Maybe our kids need less sleep than the...