or Connect

Posts by wornoutmama

let's trade! - you move to our house in alexandria and we'll move to harrisonburg . i know it's a generalization but your description of the people/stress/traffic here is exactly how we feel about it. we are not fans at all and honestly i have given up finding "crunchy" people to connect with here - just too spread out, like the pp mentioned. we just miss our friends from home and look forward to leaving someday soon. sounds crazy but is it a possibility for you to stay...
i got mushroom fever
going to post also in Virginia  - i see NOVA people on both.
i'm near mt vernon in alexandria. have a 2 yr old- lots of nice outdoor places for kiddies and mamas. good luck to you
thanks, ladies, for your stories. i guess i have been feeling very alone in my decision to not vaccinate, and this made me feel better about my son's future health. Polio really scares me and the polio vaccine, along with DTaP and Hib were the only three i had even considered to begin with. i agree - who needs a measles or chicken pox vaccine?? i had chicken pox and "enjoyed" it because i got to stay home and my mom let me eat ice cream- ah the simple pleasures of a...
don't let the mama-mob get to you! you sound like you have your head screwed on straight and are raising your kids the way you feel in your heart is the best. good for you. it can be stressful, always feeling like the "odd man out" and the only advice i have is to learn to laugh it off. you can't change them so don't take them seriously. maybe if you write some of their comments down, you'll see just how funny and ridiculous they sound and you'll get a good laugh out of...
i understand what you are saying and your description "chronic loneliness" really resonates with me. i have never fit in and i used to struggle with this but when i hit my 30s i decided to accept myself for who i am. i'm a lot more content now that i have decided that i am just different from most people, and i am ok with the possibility that i may never fit in. you will just have to look ten times as hard to find similar-minded folks, but we are out there! we might be...
hi, just wanting to hear from people who are in their 30s or older who have never been vaccinated. have you ever been sick with say, meningitus or measles or polio, anything that kids get vacccinated against? i have not vaccinated my son at all but would like to hear from adults. i hear from parents who were vaccinated who are choosing to not vaccinate their children - people like me - but have yet to hear from adults who have never been immunized. i know you must be out...
hi! i'm in alexandria - mt vernon/ft belvoir area - haven't found any other moms "like me" i'm stuck in yuppie hell aaaahhhhhh. just want to hang out, laugh and find some other moms who don't take themselves sooo seriously...my little boy is 20 months old. anybody else out this way?
many thanks for the info - it was very helpful. now i'm worried about him getting sick from the kids in day carewho've recently been vaccinated? anybody else have any experience with an unvaxed child in daycare? happy to hear anybody's story. thanks.