or Connect

Posts by Shorin_Mama

Quote: Originally Posted by majormajor and birth weight greater than 4,000 g I had to add a comment about this. Why in the world does it seem noteworthy that large women would produce large babies? I wonder if people are as shocked by the fact that blue-eyed women often produce blue-eyed babies.
Quote: Originally Posted by majormajor you're so right. honestly, my guess (and this is supported by no science that i've ever seen!) is that when women were fat 100+ years ago, they got fat off of good, natural food. and when they were also in the 99% of society that got fresh air and exercise, they were the healthiest. but now, you know... refined white flour/sugar, desk jobs, cars... and being fat probably generally correlates to either an underlying...
As a woman who has been slender and fat in the US health care system this study brings up a big question: how much of this difference is due to the way fat woman are treated by medical professionals (including many midwives)? I'm sure others will chime in with stories so let me just add one: I was offered hypertension meds for a SINGLE blood pressure reading of 120/80 -- and I wasn't even that fat at the time! I also wonder about their correlation between obesity...
Quote: Originally Posted by Emily's Mama Hmmm...post-date signs...well, she had very long hair and nails. Her skin looked pretty good. She was pretty fat! 9lb 4 oz. No meconium. I knew my ovulation date. Maybe she was just a long-cooker, like you say. I reckon it was her malpostition that prevented labour from starting. I now know much more about that, and would work at preventing that the next time! My son was born at 39 weeks and he had VERY...
Quote: Originally Posted by ~Megan~ I just said, "I'm having a home water birth." My c-section status really was not that important in the big picture. No attempting or intending or planning. I was going to have it and did. I love that.
I think you guys are being overly harsh. It is incredibly difficult to heal from a traumatic birth and watch someone willingly and apparently ignorantly sign up for the same thing. She's not making waves in the family. She's not confronting her cousin. She came here for support and to vent. She came here because she thought, of all places, this would be a place with people who would understand how she feels. I've been in the exact same situation with my SIL. ...
Acupuncturists have a specific protocol for turning babies. It's worth investigating. At the very least you'll have a stress-relieving treatment. Seeing someone trained in homeopathy is probably best, but here are a few references: http://www.midwiferytoday.com/articles/turnbaby.asp http://mother-care.ca/breech.htm#homeopathy http://www.gentlebirth.org/archives/breechcl.html Good luck!
Have you thought about homeopathy, acupuncture, or seeing a chiropractor?
Quote: Originally Posted by OnTheFence Actually this isn't entirely true unless you are delivering in the backwoods. I know far too many people, including myself that have had emergency csections and they were in the OR and had babies out in five or less minutes. Most the time the ORs in L&D are ready to go and anest. are there in a moments notice. My csection that had that was an emergency took about 8min from the time my baby was born. My friend who had...
I don't have any data but, as a c-section baby myself, I think that idea is a big pile of dog poop.