or Connect

Posts by EmTheWife

Have you heard of Geeta Swamidass, M.B., B.S., L.M. California Licensed Midwife Licensed Physician, India Birthing Care Center 2010 N. Tustin Ave. #D Orange, CA 92865 Office: 714-637-9664 Cell: 714-726-4753 Fax: 714-633-4064 E-mail: doctorgeeta@yahoo.com She's originally from India, a truly lovely woman and excellent midwife. I have not delivered with her (I risked out to a higher level of care), but have heard many positive things from those who have.
The scratch tests and blood are not 100% accurate, for example, DS has tested negative 3x, once to scratch testing, and twice to blood tests, but is absolutely clinically allergic to wheat, with symptoms showing up within minutes and confirmed by our allergist in spite of negative test results.   I don't know if you a aware, but in addition to scratch testing there is the delayed reaction testing which will help identify allergic reactions that are delayed by 4-72 hours,...
I sympathize sweet mama!  DS potty trained at 25 months while DD was 7 weeks old, and we are now a year past that and still happy! As for baby, she can go on your back in a woven wrap (non-stretchy wrap) see this link: http://themommydialogues.com/babywearing-video-of-the-week-secure-high-back-carry-with-a-newborn/  I started DD on my back at about a week old, and she's always loved it, I think because she could see over my shoulder. Remember, in a few months, your...
We have the same problem over here!  DS, 2 yrs, 9 months, hates it when I go put DD, 9 months to bed for her naps.  He too will do anything to keep me from doing so, especially for her afternoon nap.  I've resorted to using "high-chair time":  he can have whatever toys he wants while buckled in the very sturdy high-chair.  Usually it's play-dough, mixed up with trucks, trains, the garlic press, plastic cookie cutters, etc., while listening to a CD of his choice.  While...
We bought our mattress from Ikea about 4 months ago, and we love it.  We got the Sultan Edsele, which is a combo of natural and man-made latex (per my research, a good thing for the longevity of a latex mattress), and is encased in cotton and wool.  It is flippable and rotatable, meaning both the top and bottom are usable, and head to foot flippable too; not all mattresses have this ability, so you want to check thoroughly, because and un-flippable mattress is going...
We bought our Latex mattress from Ikea about 4 months ago, and we love it.    We got the Sultan Edsele, which is a combo of natural and man-made latex (per my research, a good thing for the longevity of a latex mattress), and is encased in cotton and wool.  It is flippable and rotatable, meaning both the top and bottom are usable, and head to foot flippable too.    The mattress comes with a 30 year warranty against just about everything but staining; the rep we...
Dr Thomas Lin of Irvine Kids MD takes PPO and about 40% of his practice is non-vax'd.  He views his role as one who gives information, and firmly believes that it is up to the parents to make what they feel is the best decisions for their children. His practice is located in Irvine at Barranca and Yale Loop/Culver Dr.  
Our baby girl, whom we finally named (Beatrix Eleanor!), arrived May 7th at 0518.  She was born weighing 7lbs 6oz and was 19.5 inches long.   I had 9 hours of what I'd call labor, which was preceded by a week of early labor.  I was able to deliver at the birth center, which was an answer to many prayers.  It was really as perfect as possible, and looking back I must say that I truly enjoyed my labor and birth!
What would you recommend as the best probiotic supplement for a newborn?   I am going to be receiving antibiotics while in labor for + GBS (oh, I'm aware of the controversy :) no need to get excited on me, unless you have an awesome full-text peer-reviewed study to link to!)   I am a firm believer in consuming home-cultured foods, and have been craving kefir lately, so I am not concerned about my own gut health as much as that of the baby.  Will my probiotic...
As an FYI, the pack-and-play and portable/mini-crib are almost exactly the same size...   DS out-grew his mini-crib at about 14 months - he was getting cramped and couldn't roll over comfortably.   If you are looking for a long term solution, I'd go for a mattress on the floor, even if it's not next to your bed, as it will last longer than a mini-crib/PNP.