or Connect

Posts by EllisH

I think it's always a good idea to wash the fruit carefully anyway - a lot of the pesticides you can mostly wash of (and it's also advised in view of the risk of toxoplasmosis). And I esp. llke to buy soft fruit organically (e.g. strawberries and raspberries), because those absorb more pesticides. I highly doubt a direct link between pesticides on fruit and autism / ADHD has been established. ADHD, however, has been strongly linked to food colouring (e.g. in...
I cannot stop posting on here - so much I recognize! It's my first pregnancy and for the past two weeks (am now 8 weeks) I've been terribly cranky. I recognize it, but nothing I can do about it. The constant fatigue and nausea, with the intermittent headaches, are really not helping either. I cannot stand to be touched (my body is sore and my breasts are supersore, so any hug hurts), I hate the smell of what he cooks for himself (I don't eat much of it) and I am just...
I've had it too. I checked with my midwife and she reassured me that as long as it's not red, you should be fine. It was confirmed by the echoscopist, who said all was fine on the u/s, but spotted (no pun intended) a small irritation on the uterus which can cause small amounts of bloodloss.
What a lovely idea - I hadn't thought of it yet! I'll head to the knitting store straightaway and join this club :-) I think I'll start with a hat.
Raw milk is the #1 risk item precisely for listeria. I've researched it a bit myself and have not found any evidence that the traditional evidence on this isn't sound. So why not just cook the milk before you drink it? However clean the facilities etc, goats are animals without all the sanitary rules that humans live by. I was very relaxed about unpasteurized milk and cheese before I got pregnant, but have noticed that I am a lot more susceptible to things since I got...
A few weeks ago I had constant cramping and the odd discharge spot. So I asked my midwife to prescribe me an early u/s, which she said would ease my mind if all was well. When finally, this Monday, the day of the u/s had come and I saw the heartbeat and heard that all was well, I felt only mildly relieved - because I realized that deep down I already knew it was going well and it almost felt silly to rely on the image. I am still glad I had the u/s, so I have the...
SB, that's actually the brand of magnesium I am using (very tasty - assuming you let the cocktail sit for a few minutes, something I hadn't figured out in the very beginning...). I am still a bit sensitive to it. I will definitely work on my iodine intake - I've got the seaweed and the broth lined up already!
Thank you, SB! The irony is that I was getting concerned before I got nauseous that I didn't have the symptom (as it's a positive sign of hormone increase). But it's hard to feel too relieved when you feel so bad. And to keep eating (healthy), but I think I am managing overall :-) I'll try a new form of Magnesium - can you recommend a brand? And I'll look for foods with iodine - my friend had already recommended it, but not yet in connection with the headaches.
The headaches have started for me this week: I have been waking up with a bad headache, in combination with a queasy / nauseous feeling and sensitivity to light every morning. The headaches subside after a few hours. I dramatically reduced my caffeine intake three weeks ago already, so it's not just the caffeine. And I have been taking magnesium supplements already for months (but cannot take too much, because their laxative effect is quite pronounced). Anyone else...