or Connect

Posts by EllisH

Aiming to swim three times a week - it's just so great.  When I feel all sluggish and lazy, diving (well, metaphorically speaking) into the pool is just so refreshing!
Don't tell.  You might as well not bother applying otherwise, I think.  If it's a job that requires long-term commitment and a clear investment from the company (esp. if it's a small / family business) it's a different story.  But a job in retail is much more 'transactional' and there's a high turnover anyway.  Just make sure to wear the right clothes ;-)
I think official guidelines for lifting are way on the cautious side.  Main damage, I think, would be to your own system which has to deal with loosening ligaments, not to the baby / pregnancy.  Important is that you lift in the correct way and that you don't lift more than feels right (and it's only later on, with 20+ weeks, that this will change from what it was pre-pregnancy and that you'll feel the limitations of your pregnancy on activities such as...
I am clueless about piercings, so not much help, but will the navel piercing remain comfortable when your belly will grow?  I would dread having a piercing there right now with the navel all tight and protruded (am now 35 weeks).  Am only asking, because if you need to have it removed later on anyway, you might as well do so now....
Lisa,  that sounds like great advice!  I loved your comment on the hungry hospital visitors - unfortunately, I will get kicked out within 24 hours after delivery if it goes well....
I am actually making an exception for my mother...  If my mother's excitement is anything to go by, I bet your mother's offer of assistance with the breastfeeding is just an excuse :-)  And I've been told by a good friend who recently had her first baby that some extra hands in those first weeks will come in very very handy (if not for breastfeeding - but for help with things when you are breastfeeding)!
I will try to postpone telling people for as long as possible and asking my family to respect that (in my case I am sure they will).   I am also planning a 'rule' not to have visitors for the first two weeks: those weeks are crucial for establishing proper breastfeeding and I really want to focus on that and on the bonding (esp. since it's my first child - I'll have a lot to learn).  I consider it my responsibility as a parent to be firm and unapologetic about what I...
It may indeed be an irritable uterus and / or an irritable bladder.  I seem to have the latter - just as with a UTI, every irritation (kick, needing to pee) of the bladder cramps up my uterus.  But it could also be a UTI - I would probably ask my OB to do a test for that, as frequent BHs are a common symptom of a UTI (and you need to have it treated, you cannot just drink it away).   As you say, it's best not to feel up your own cervix: it can lead to additional...
Take care!  And what a good idea to seek help for this - a good friend of mine with OCD told me he definitely benefited from therapy / meds.
Nice to have it confirmed all is well!  Probably a smart decision, to stay clear of the horses / ponies until the baby is here.