or Connect

Posts by EllisH

I'm almost 33 weeks and this week my obgyn mentioned after having felt my belly that the 'baby hadn't dropped yet, but that it will happen soon'.  Seems you're on the early side of the spectrum (if indeed your baby has dropped already and it's not just the increasing weight - I am already much more uncomfortable, even without the dropping) but not too early.   Bowling ball sounds just what I am carrying around...
Good to hear you're getting real cold symptoms ;-)  Hope they're not too bothersome and you'll feel better soon!
Your symptoms may also just be caused by a cold / viral infection, esp. since your daughter also has a cold (you don't have to have the same symptoms for it to be the same disease - it just depends on how your body fights the infection).  Your immune system gets weakened in pregnancy, making it more likely to pick up such things, esp. since it's in the winter on top of that.  I am recovering from a mild cold (esp. sore throat, blocked nose) myself, in fact.   If...
They can be - at least mine are (I didn't mean to say all BH's are necessarily painful).  
Actually glad to hear I am not the only one here with these kinds of pain.  It's hard to define where the pain comes from, esp. since it seems to be different types of pain (crampy vs ligament pain) in different spots at different moments in time.  To me it seems likely it's got more to do with a full (and fuller) belly than a full (and waning) moon.   What I hate about the pain is that it's not only unpleasant, but also unnerving.  Our babies need to stay put for at...
Very frustrating indeed.  Paid L&D another visit myself last night, when the BHs just got too bad when I was doing nothing other than lying down on my left-hand side.  All OK with baby and cervix - hopefully that ties me over for another few weeks at least (am counting down to 37 weeks)!  Was told it's apparently just part of this pregnancy and nothing much to worry about as it doesn't lead to dilation of the cervix.  Was told to take it very easy (but that's what I'd...
Forgot to add: BHs are painful and also on the whole belly and pelvic area don't feel great.
Just what I (due mid-Jan) have been having for weeks and weeks now: lots of BHs, triggered by you name it (getting up, getting out of bed, turning over, stretching, needing to pee).  Have been to the hospital several times to have it checked out - all is well, it's just part of this (1st) pregnancy for me.  Only things that help are: taking lots of rest, lying down a lot, preferably semi-reclined or on left side, drinking and peeing a lot.  Have also been told it's most...
I agree with Question Gal and would ask my midwife / Dr for a medical u/s.  You want to make sure you get the information on your baby from an expert (who can also act on it) - otherwise you'll end up with more rather than fewer questions.
Hi there.  Been there too - both the cramping and the L&D.  Had times (from beginning of 3rd trimester - I have pretty much the same due date as you) where I had a lot of BH contractions (I am assuming you must have had these, otherwise there would have been a change to the cervix and you'd been in labour), so many I could barely tell them apart. Have been checked out multiple times: all is well, but the cause is not clear (borderline UTIs, an irritable uterus, irritable...