or Connect

Posts by Jake Aryeh Marcus

I'd be very curious to hear if she gets a positive response from the MD Attorney General. I have never seen that page before and have never heard of anyone complaining to the MD Attorney General. If the A.G. Is taking this on, that is a resource that needs to be more widely disseminated.
Or perhaps this: http://www.mothering.com/breastfeeding/pumping-9-to-5
http://mothering.com/jakemarcus/brea...ce-pumping-law may be of help.
Quote: Originally Posted by mamajjr I was called while in Florida and had to pump on the bathroom floor. They came looking for me in the bathroom and knocked on my stall. I fortunately was not chosen. In the county I live in NC, there are no exemptions for full time caregivers or breastfeeding mothers; other than a one time 6 month exemption for any reason. Each surrounding county, however, has an exemption. There are no state laws in NC though. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by JlyGrnMigt I don't have kids yet, and I've been called twice. The first time was in college and I had no transportation. They weren't happy about it, but I got excused because of that. A few years later, my roommate got called, and wrote a letter claiming religious exemption. If you know your state/county doesn't give exemptions to breastfeeding mothers, then why not just claim religious exemption? Obviously we need to...
Quote: Originally Posted by MangoMommy That is a little shocking I guess you can not get pumping breaks, or rather, there is no protection that you are given one. I can't imagine being made to sit for hours, unable to pump, especially with a young infant in which you normally nurse every 2 hours or more often. That does seem to present a medical problem as it could cause an infection,etc (mastitis.) I absolutely agree that it does cause a...
Quote: Originally Posted by khaoskat In the Court I practice in, most of the Sheriff Officers who are on jail/courthouse duty will not allow you into the Courtroom with children, especially young children. Basically fill out your summons information and return it requesting that you be excused because you are the sole care taker of minor children ages A-B, and that you are not able to afford or find child care. You will generally be given a...
Logging off for tonight but I will be back tomorrow. Keep the questions coming.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amberoxy Hi - I live in RI and received a jury duty summons while pregnant with my second child. I was due to appear in court just a week or so after my due date. I called the number on the form and they excused me no questions asked...did not have to appear the day of or wait to hear back or anything. I've always wanted to serve on a jury so I was dissapointed at the timing and hope I get called again...But...anyway...sounds...
Quote: Originally Posted by Chavelamomela If a mom has to pump, would a note from a doctor explaining how frequently and how long the breaks have to be helpful to either get the mom excused or achieve an arrangement that would be workable? I was called to serve when I was 1 week postpartum with ds1. I postponed and served 6 months later (i worked full-time). When I showed up to the court with my pump in tow, I told a court-officer that i would need a...