or Connect

Posts by cww

pokeyAC, thanks for the response!  I've been doing both acupuncture and seeing a chiropractor regularly (because of problems with hip pain throughout), but it didn't seem to help with this.  I did try some of the spinning babies positions, but they just seemed to hurt.  For whatever reason it just hurt like the dickens for three days and I could hardly walk, and then it went away.  Now it seems to be ok, although I am pretty nervous about walking anywhere.  I did manage to...
Thanks for your replies, MeepyCat and blessedwithboys.  The two parasites are giardia lamblia (protozoa) and entamoeba histolytica (amoeba).  There are a list of specific antibiotic agents that have been established as reasonably effective in scientific trials to treat these particular parasites - the only one considered safe during pregnancy is Flagyl.     I appreciate the recommendation, blessedwithboys, but I did some reading about diatomaceous earth a while back and...
Our DD just turned 3, and in the last year we have all had two different intestinal parasites, multiple times.  I'm pregnant, with my due date at the end of next week, and I have had to be treated for parasites five times during this pregnancy (and one additional time about a year ago before I got pregnant).  Right now, even though I am very anti-antibiotics, I am staying on antibiotics through delivery, because I am very worried about the potential of the newborn getting...
I've had some round ligament pain throughout this pregnancy, which has typically come on intermittently while walking but would go away when I rested.  But yesterday it came on pretty strongly when I was walking back from the doctor, and it has been horribly painful ever since.  It has come and gone a bit, but I have literally been unable to walk, even incredibly slowly at times over the last two days, and I have had it continue to hurt like the dickens even when sitting...
I used one of those pumping bras (I can't tell if it is exactly the same one posted by Viola P, but it was very similar, and had straps).  I just bought it separately on amazon for not very much money, and used it with my Medela pump.  I would have found it very difficult to pump without it, but my DD had undiagnosed tongue tie and I ended up having to pump a lot very early on, and then continued to pump for over 2 yrs whenever I would travel for work conferences.  I found...
Thanks, newlypregnant.  Yes, these "one size fits all" policies really drive me nuts.  This particular birth center is really the only game in town if you don't want either a home or hospital birth, and they have really strict policies - I think the vast majority of people get risked out.  I'm right at 29 weeks now (and maybe up by 27-30 lbs), and I think the weight gain has been gradually slowing, I'm just not sure by how much!  If it is any consolation, I gained pretty...
Thanks for your encouragement, Ola_ and lucylucy.  It always helps me to feel better to hear from other supportive moms, especially when I feel caught in some part of this larger health system which doesn't seem to take individual circumstances into account.  The good news is that I talked to my midwife and the paper I have with this 40 lb policy is apparently not correct, as the limit is actually 50 lbs.  So that is a bit of a relief, since I don't think I will be over...
I'm starting to get a little bit worried about weight gain (not because I actually think there is any real issue, but because the birth center kicks you out if you gain over 40 lbs).     I am 6'2" and normally around 155lbs, which is at the bottom of the "normal" BMI index.  With my last pregnancy, I can't really remember details about weight gain, but I do remember having one period in the early third trimester where I suddenly put on much more weight.  With that...
Thanks for the responses, sassyfirechick, laurela and Rachet - sorry for not responding sooner - I'm supposed to get notifications when someone replies, but that seems not to be working, so I didn't know that any one had posted!  Thanks for the encouragement with what I'm already doing.  It helps just to have some others tell you sometimes that your imperfect way of handling things is ok!  And Rachet thanks for the alternative recommendation - I think we watched this once...
So I was always very vigilant about trying to offer my daughter (now almost 3 years old) only movies or TV programs that I felt minimized racism, sexism, violence, meanness, and glorification of sweets and consumerism.  But she has figured out how the netflix interface works and now always wants to pick her own shows out, often telling me that she wants to watch "something else" or "this one with the red car".  So recently she wanted to watch a cartoon based on the Cars...