or Connect

Posts by cww

I typically switch her back and forth between me and my husband and me and the side of the bed - I don't feel comfortable sleeping with my back to her, so I switch the side on which I end BFing, and in that way can spend half the night sleeping on each side.    We've definitely been in those hotel rooms where the beds don't move at all - the base is built into the wall/floor.  If you get a crib or something to push up against the side of the bed, you don't worry...
Our daughter is 3.5 months old, and at about 4 months, we will be traveling for a few weeks.  We have been cosleeping so far in a king size platform bed, with a rail on the side.  We bought a snug tuck pillow but have never used it, since we could never get it tight enough to stay in place and eliminate the gap between pillow and mattress.  My husband and I are both over 6 feet, so it seems impossible to cosleep in a queen bed or smaller (and those king size beds in...
Quick update:   We did go to Albany yesterday, and they did revise both her upper lip and the tongue.  He said she definitely had a posterior tongue tie, and he cut it a full half an inch.  It was difficult - she came back crying and with a bloody mouth! - but she seems fine - we started nursing right after the procedure.  (The worst part are these exercises that we have to do 3xday for a week to keep both wounds open so that they don't reseal - I can't manage it -...
Thanks OSUvet and gemasita, for your responses. I'm glad to hear that things have improved for you after the procedure OSUvet - I read your story, and it sounds very positive and hopeful. Gemasita, I hope that you do find a solution to your pain soon. (I'll be keeping an eye on the boards hoping to see good news from you sometime soon...) I send the doctor photos, and he said that "there is no question that the lip is tied and would benefit from revising it" and that...
So we made an appt with the doctor in Albany for next Monday, so we'll be renting a car and driving up there just to see him.  Now I'm a bit nervous, b/c I'd really like this to be the solution, but I don't know if 1) once the dr sees her in person if he will even think she has a problem (although over the phone he said it definitely sounded like there was a restriction) and 2) if the dr does recommend the procedure, if it will solve things (and if not, then what...
Thanks again to all of you for you posts!   Sarah, no one has mentioned lip tie - I thought that her lips were correctly flared out, but looking carefully, it seems that while her mouth is open wide, only her bottom lip is really flared out - the top lip doesn't look abnormal, but it's definitely not as flared out as the bottom one. I did take her to see a chiropractor, but no improvement there. I'm not sure where to find a cranial sacral therapist, but could hunt...
Thanks for the replies, everyone.    katelove, thanks for sharing your experience.  I did some googling and then did what the dr sears website recommended to check tongue position, and pulled her lower lip back while she was feeding - when I do that, I can see that her tongue is definitely coming out, I think over her gum line.  So at least it seems I have ruled out then having the same issue as you?  It's too bad, since doing a few simple exercises certainly would...
Thanks for the reply! I am already on high doses of Magnesium/Calcium and B vitamins (the BF doc did mention this earlier on, I had forgotten) - I've been taking these for years. I'm not currently on EPO, but I am taking black currant oil (and fish oil), which is supposed to be similar. I could try EPO, though, as I have taken that in the past, prior to pregnancy.
They have not used that word, but I assume that is what the BF doc means when she talks about vasospasm being the primary rather than secondary cause of the pain. I'm already on nifedipine (1 week so far), and that hasn't relieved the pain while feeding or pumping or during letdown. It does seem to have reduced the number of random vasospasms that I get while not feeding. I've also used ibuprofen and worked on keeping the breasts warm all the time, but none of this...
Hi everyone, I posted in another thread originally about my BF pain, but after months of seeing LCs and a doc that specializing in BF problems, I am at an impass. I was hoping to get advice about what to do next from any of you who have gone through something similar... (Warning: Incredibly long text follows - if you decide to read on, thanks in advance!)   Basic History of the Pain: From the first second that my LO latched on, it hurt fairly strongly - like...