or Connect

Posts by cww

Thanks for the replies, everyone!  Sorry for the delayed reply - I seem to be having problems with my subscribed thread emails not arriving this last week or so, and so I didn't realize there were posts here!   Thanks for the advice and sympathy, skycheattraffic and newmammalizzie.  We did try giving here more exercise (she does get a fair amount of playground time, but she doesn't always walk a lot there so we've been trying to throw in more walks?).  We also tried...
Thanks for the replies, CupofJoe and MimiNYC - sorry for not thanking you sooner, but I seem not to have been regularly receiving emails about thread updates this last week, and so I didn't know that you guys had posted!   CupofJoe, thanks for the recommendation.  They look like a nice practice if one wants to go the OBGYN/hospital route.  I'm conflicted because I would really prefer not to be in a hospital, and I think I would be more comfortable with a midwife (but...
Sorry for not replying sooner - I didn't realize there had been other posts, because I didn't get the email notifying me of new messages until just over the last day, and then I came back and found out for the first time that all of you had posted!  Thanks, Sas, springshowers, salr, katelove, nstewart, for sharing your advice and experiences!   Sus, I did see Adventures in Tandem Nursing mentioned online, but also had the same problem as nstewart finding a copy that...
So I had my first child with Midwifery of Manhattan at the St. Luke's Roosevelt birthing center.  I've just become pregnant a second time, and I would like to think about my options with providers asap because I know that midwives can book quickly in Manhattan (we live downtown).     My experience last time was fine, but not great, for a few reasons: The requirements of the birth center drove me nuts: For example, the diabetes screening was awful, and there was no...
We go to Tribeca Pediatrics in Tribeca.  I agree that they are fine with whatever vaccination plan you have and haven't tried to pressure me to do anything specific (we do vaccinate, but did an alternate schedule that we came up with on our own).  I love their office for regular stuff like vaccines, school forms, or "predictable" things, but I'm actually hoping to find another office because I don't love Tribeca pediatrics for more complicated or unusual health issues....
I am still nursing my almost 2.5 year old DD (I'm not sure how much milk she is getting, but she nurses at least once per day and sometimes much more often than that), and I am just now about 4.5 weeks pregnant.  I would like to keep BFing through the pregnancy and to tandem nurse as long as DD wants to keep nursing, but I am a little bit concerned about whether it might be too painful in pregnancy to continue nursing her (and how DD would react to that), since I've...
I'm sure this is a topic as old as time (and I've already read all the sleep books), but in desperation I'm posting here in the hopes that some of you with similar problems might be able to give me new ideas?     Our DD is almost 2.5, and has typically slept from around 7:30/8pm to 7am (this varies a bit, but she is not typically up before 6:30am).  The last several weeks, she has been waking earlier and refusing to go back to sleep no matter what we do, even though...
Just thought I would chime in briefly as a B-ready owner, for anyone who finds this thread useful.  We have only used it as a single stroller so far, but here was our experience:     Overall we were very happy with it - it was easy to push and turn, and we loved to be able to have our daughter up high and facing us.  As she got older, she was able to climb in and out herself, which I thought was unexpected.  The storage underneath is awesome (we have used the...
Hello!  I have a 2.5y DD, so this is number 2, with an EDD of 2/28/14.      Anyone else having many more symptoms much earlier with second and subsequent pregnancies?  Last time around I don't remember having any "real" symptoms until about 6w along, but this time around I had so many symptoms that I tested early (against all my resolutions).  No nausea yet, but pretty much everything else I had last time.  It's making me nervous!  And I thought I would be calmer...
Hello everyone!   I am a 35 year old professor (my degree is in math, but my research these days is in education instead).  I have a 2 yr and 5mo old daugher who is still breastfeeding sporadically.  Her birth was unmedicated in a birth center inside a hospital with a midwife, and I have mixed feelings about that experience, so I'm not sure exactly what I will do next time - I would love to do the birth center again, but I had to fight like crazy not to be "risked...