or Connect

Posts by cww

Our DD currently sleeps in a peapod tent - she is about 26m old.  She is very happy in the tent, and I feel confident that it isn't a crib that she can climb out of and fall down, and that she can't get out and roam around the house at night.     She has been potty trained for around 6-8m now, and has been extremely reliable for many months whenever she is up, but since she can't get out of the tent to potty on her own, we still put her in a diaper at night (I let...
Thanks for all these suggestions, everyone!  Sorry for not posting thanks earlier - I thought I had hit submit when I wrote a reply ages ago, but it doesn't seem to be here, so I think I must have gotten distracted by an email or phone before finishing my post...   Thanks again! (We've tried several of the recommendations here already...)
There are three nights in a row per week when we really need to have some kind of leftovers that we can just heat up easily, and I was hoping for some ideas for recipes that work well as leftovers, which are healthy, and which are easy to make.     We eat pretty much everything, but I can't digest beans well (except soy), so vegetarian dishes which are primarily bean based (except soy) unfortunately don't work for us (I wish they did - I actually really like beans!)....
I have wonderpets in my netflix queue, but haven't had a chance to watch an episode yet...  I'll have to take a look at one soon. :)
Thanks again to everyone for all their suggestions - I keep coming back periodically and updating our list.  So far I quite like Little Bear because I find it so calm without being boring.  It would be nice if the gender roles of the parents weren't quite so traditional, but I love that it is not at all flashy and that the music is relatively peaceful and nice and not grating.  I hadn't really thought about it but two other issues that came up for me as I was looking at...
Thank you so much to everyone for all of the fantastic suggestions!!!  I have a running list of 33 things to check out now, whereas before I didn't really know where to start (apparently I really don't know anything about children's programming outside of what I watched thirty years ago...). :)  Thanks also for letting me know about stuff that is in netflix, hulu, amazon, etc - I had done some browsing but hadn't found most of what was recommended here!   Feel free...
Our daughter is about 22m, and so far she has hardly seen any TV.  However, we don't want to make TV a forbidden or illusive thing, since we think it is totally fine in moderation, and so I've started looking for decent children's programming.  Since my daughter loves animals, I thought I could try starting with animal documentaries and/or animated movies about animal characters.  However, I've been pretty frustrated with what I can find on netflix (we don't have any...
Thanks so much for taking the time to respond, Lizzie.  And thanks for the tips.  I did have mercury poisoning and an intestinal parasite a number of years ago that went improperly diagnosed for five years (and which I cleared up before TTC the first time) so that could definitely have had an impact on my system.  Since then, though, I've been very diligent about staying away from any potential toxins in my life...   Thanks for the website recommendations, also.  I...
We are not yet TTC, but were planning on starting in the spring, in about 5-6 months.  I have a 22m old DD, and we were lucky to conceive her on the second real cycle where we timed things around O, and we have no other history of TTC difficulties.  I'm hypothyroid, and my levels have gotten very out-of-whack this year (I'm still BFing), so I've been concentrating on getting those corrected and stable before we start TTC #2.  (I'll be turning 35 this month.)  As a part...
Thanks for your response, skycheattraffic - it's reassuring to hear that it isn't unusual for her to be so insistent. :) I don't actually mind BFing her while walking (we do so much of it), but it's definitely a pain when I have to push the carriage and/or deal with carrying other things. And of course sometimes, particularly when she is in a more fragile and demanding mood and nursing constantly and repeated, I get tired of just being an ongoing milk dispenser (and...