or Connect

Posts by cww

Thanks, Chloe'sMama, for the reply.  That is encouraging. :)  I am definitely ovulating and have had very regular cycles since I got my period back at 10m PP.  The LP is a bit short, and it takes me an extra week to O, but that isn't much different from how my cycle was before I got pregnant the first time, so it seems like it may not be an issue.  I was kind of hoping that if my cycle looked "normal" that this means that BF isn't having an impact, but I haven't been...
Thanks for the responses. :)    SimpleLove, we probably have about a 2-4 cycle window for it to work before we really start to totally lose paid leave, which from my understanding could have a decent chance of happening if nothing is interfering with fertility and we are carefully tracking ovulation, etc.  We were lucky with DD1, and I don't know if that luck will extend to the timing of (hopefully) conceiving DC2.  I know that there is really huge variation and no...
We plan on TTC # 2 in about 8 months.  We were lucky the last time and got pregnant pretty quickly, which is good, because the way leave works at our jobs, timing things well can mean the difference in total amount of leave by as much as 4 months (and if it takes to long the second time around, we could lose paid family leave altogether).   I am currently still BFing our 18m old.  She still BFs at least 4 times per day, and often more than that if I'm around...
Thanks for the response, eirual!  I think I will try suggestion #1 once we have this strep infection on her bottom cleared up (it's taking forever - a whole month, at least, despite multiple trips to doctors!).  It's pretty similar to what we already tried, but if we literally don't say anything to her at all, maybe that makes a difference. I had been at least acknowledging that she had peed, since she will sign that she has done it or is doing it, and then I would...
Our DD is 18m old, and starting around 4 months ago, I thought she was really ready to use the potty regularly - she would signal when she needed to go, and even went over to the potty on her own and used it without prompting from me when sometimes when she needed to go and was diaper-free at home.  Also a few times when I asked her if she needed to use it, she went over to it and peed in it.  This had followed months of her signaling while going, and being happy to be...
Hi Mom2Cali,  I'm so sorry to hear that you've had such trouble breastfeeding.  I had a lot of pain with BFing for the first three months - the only way I could continue was to use a nipple shield, which is typically not recommended since it can reduce the amount of milk the baby can get and can therefore lower your supply, but it was the only way I could keep going.     I went to a bunch of lactation consultants and to a doctor who specializes in BFing, and none...
Thanks for the reply, LittleBirdy.  I'll take a look at the cup that you recommend!  I think for our daughter, the problems seems to have something to do with actually learning how to suck and swallow with a cup that isn't a breast or a bottle - she can't seem to figure out what to do with her tongue, or how to control how much liquid comes into her mouth at once!  We probably should have given her cups before she turned 1, but we just didn't think about it until then...
We have been doing part time EC since our daughter was 8m old, and now that she is older, I guess we are really just doing early PT now.  She understands the words/signs for everything (and sometimes uses them herself, but after instead of before the fact), and sometimes uses the potty, although only when we put her on it.  I'd like to start getting her some training pants, especially since my MIL who watches her during the day won't really do any EC or PT because she is...
Thanks for the replies Anna and lilikoi.  I'm taking a combination of fenugreek, goat's rue, and blessed thistle. I was only taking one herb at a time before, but this last time my supply really went down dramatically, so I added in all three to get it back up.  I guess I've noticed that there seems to be a kind of threshold of effectiveness, for at least some of these herbs, so that if one is over a certain dose, they work great, but below that dose, there doesn't seem...
Our DD is almost 15m and still BFs about 4-6 times/day, but we also need her to drink water and other fluids.  We have been having trouble getting her to drink from a cup - we've tried regular grownup cups, straw cups, and sippy cups (the tilty cup, for example).  While the LO will drink out of them a bit, she tends to choke often (as though she gets too much liquid in her mouth at once) and she always wants to use her tongue, which makes sense given that she has mainly...