or Connect

Posts by cww

Thanks for the replies mamazee and McGucks!  We've been trying to just give her BM and water, and I've been working on MIL.  She was somewhat convinced when she found that the LO ate more solid food when she didn't give her milk, but she still insists on giving her milk when she seems tired and is ready to go down for her nap.  I've been stressing that even if she really thinks she needs a bottle instead of a sippy cup, she can still drink water in a bottle instead of...
My DD is almost 15 months, and I'm currently still taking supplements to boost my supply.  Originally I started them because she had a posterior tongue tie that took 3m to be properly diagnosed, and even after it was corrected, she had trouble getting milk out efficiently if I didn't take supplements to keep my supply on the high side (because that increased the flow).  I decreased the supplements, but then a month or two ago, I was away for 5 days pumping, ovulated, and...
My DD is almost 14m and still BFing 4-7 times per day.  A few weeks ago I was away for 5 days for work and with the pump I got about 21 oz per day on average.  I've been pretty sick (cold, stomach flu, cold #2) for the last three weeks, plus I ovulated, so my supply has dropped a little bit, but I think that it is coming back now, although I haven't measured it by pumping.    My MIL, who watches DD during the day while I'm at work, keeps pressuring me to give DD...
Thanks for the response, heatherr30!  (I didn't think anyone would respond, since I hadn't seen any posts yet. :))  I don't expect her to be totally potty independent anytime soon, but I'd just like for her to show that she gets the idea, and would really love it if she could learn gradually to use the potty when she is home and diaperless so that she wouldn't have to spend so much time in diapers - she does keep getting diaper rashes, and she hates diaper changes, so I...
I use a ring sling all the time for precisely this reason - I find it easy to get our DD in and out quickly.  I found the ergo difficult to do by myself, so I don't tend to use it for trips where there will be lots of in and out.  Ditto for the Moby. 
Hi everyone, Sorry for the delay in replying - it's unexpectedly been a particularly rotten and crazy week at work.  Thanks so much for all of your responses!   Peony, thanks for the encouraging words and for letting me know that it was just a phase in your experience.  I hope this phase doesn't go on for too long in our case!   chel, thanks also for your response!  I haven't done the back carry very often, because I can't figure out how to do it when I am by...
Hi everyone, Sorry for the delay in replying - it's unexpectedly been a particularly rotten and crazy week at work.  Thanks so much for all of your responses!   brooke13, thanks for the link - it looks like there are a lot of interesting articles there!  And thanks for the encouragement. :)   TiffanyToo, thanks for the toy suggestion - I haven't tried that, but could definitely do that.  She's never had a toy to play with while being worn, so maybe that will...
Our 1 year old isn't weaning per se (any more than every kid is weaning once they start some amount of solids), but she's now starting to need fluids other than BM, and I feel like my breasts just aren't as full as they used to be.    We also had a lot of trouble with her getting enough BM her first 3-4 months because of an undiagnosed posterior tongue tie, and that has predisposed me to always worry about whether or not she is getting enough.  At her last weight...
Thanks so much for all of the thoughtful responses, everyone.  I'm definitely a "prepare for the worst-case scenario" kind of person, which makes babyproofing especially crazy-making.  The irony is that we still haven't done anything, out of uncertainty of what to do.  So far, we just keep the door closed. I've been thinking that the best solution may just be to put a baby gate in the entrance of each bathroom - then she can see what we are doing, but she can't come in...
We started trying to EC our 1yr old at about 8m.  Doing it based on timing worked well at first, but then her schedule changed and it stopped working.  So instead for about 3 weeks, I've just been trying to give her diaper free time at least once per day for an hour or so (MIL who watches her during the day isn't willing to do it, so it can only be PT).  What I've been doing is to just watch until she starts to pee, and then immediately pick her up and put her on the...