or Connect

Posts by cww

I apologize if anyone is seeing this post more than once - I wasn't sure if this should go in the babywearing or the toddler forum, so I've cross posted it - I hope that's ok.  I'm just not sure if this is more of a toddler issue or a babywearing issue...   Our daughter turned 1 a few weeks ago, and she started walking a bit after 11m.  Since then, she refuses to be carried in a carrier/sling or out of it (in my arms) for more than five minutes at a time.  I've tried...
Our daughter turned 1 a few weeks ago, and she started walking a bit after 11m.  Since then, she refuses to be carried in a carrier/sling or out of it (in my arms) for more than five minutes at a time.  I've tried every possible carrying position in both slings and structured carriers, and none of it makes any difference.  (She won't ride in the stroller, either.)  She will complain, yell, and progress to outright tantrums if we don't just put her down and let her walk. ...
Thanks for all the responses, everyone.  We've been trying to give her water - she's not really getting how to use a sippy cup yet (or maybe when I've tried she just hasn't been interested).  I've tried letting her drink out of a normal cup, and of course she gets water all over herself, but she seems to enjoy that.  We'll keep working on it.  My MIL, who watches her when I'm at work, has been giving her some different milks during the day (on top of her one BF in early...
Thanks for the reply, anjsmama, I really appreciate hearing what you guys do.  I haven't really given her water - I did try once, but just with a regular small cup, which she summarily dumped on the floor.  (We don't even own a sippy cup yet!)  I was concerned about water disrupting BFing before now (and whenever she seemed thirsty before, I just nursed her), and so the few times we've given her non BM fluids, we've just put them into a bottle, which she is already used...
Our daughter recently turned a year old, and she is still BFing about 4-6 times per day.  We have never given her any kind of supplemental fluids, but now she seems to be thirsty sometimes after nursing (in particular, after I ovulate, my supply seems to dip somewhat) - the last few days, she keeps asking for milk repeatedly and if I'm all out but we give her some other milk (goat, cow, soy, coconut) in a bottle, she will sometimes drink up to 6 ounces of that.    My...
Thanks for the reply, nstewart!    I seem to go back and forth between really laid back and really uptight when it comes to baby proofing (depending on how recently I've been reading up on dangers!).  We never really leave our daughter unattended, so on the one hand we haven't really baby proofed much, but on the other hand, because she is so mobile now (and wanting to get into everything), there are things that I think we need to babyproof now that weren't a problem...
I'm wondering about how to negotiate babyproofing the bathroom vs. an open door bathroom policy.  On the one hand, the recommendations seem to be to lock the toilet, and to keep the bathroom door closed and locked.  On the other hand, we have been doing some late EC, and I'd like to have a relaxed and open attitude that encourages her to go in and out of the bathroom.  How have you guys reconciled this?    Is she still at risk of drowning herself in the toilet at 1yr...
Thanks, HappyHappyMommy, for your response - it seems like it would be more convenient to do that if I can muster up the courage!  I hadn't thought to bring a nursing cover, so thanks for mentioning that - I will definitely pack one.    It's funny that I'm not at all self conscious about nursing in public, but something about pumping just feels much more odd to do in public - it seems totally irrational, but then maybe it's because we tend not to see anyone doing it...
SweetSilver, yes - I think this is probably happening with our daughter, but I just can't tell which signs she means other than milk and more!  cloudbutterfly, I've tried doing the dog sign for her on her body (am now trying the patting sign again instead of the snap), so we'll see if that helps anything to click!  rudhaen, I love your description of how your son would make up his own signs. :)  Thanks for sharing your experience.  Our DD is still just sticking with the...
Thanks for the reply, SuperSingleMama. :)  Thanks for the great suggestion about the book - I had never thought of that!  DD is still not quite into being read to just yet, but that seems to be changing on a daily basis, so maybe if I'm lucky in a month we could try that when I'm gone - we definitely have a few books where we got duplicates.  I just booked the actual flight ticket a day or so ago, and I felt so panicky just committing to the trip!  I know we'll figure it...