or Connect

Posts by cww

Thanks again, HappyHappyMommy - you've been so incredibly helpful!  I will definitely let you know how it goes!
Thanks for the reply - it's always good to get encouragement! :)  It's a pain to have to pump that much for travel, but I was so pleased for her sake to know that she is getting so much milk.  We had bad problems with undiagnosed tongue tie early on, so I've always been paranoid about my supply - it's nice to know that it is still going strong! :)
We have tried on and off to do a bit of late EC with our DD since she was about 8m old (now almost a year).  But it is tricky, since the only way it seems to work is to let her go diaper free (a problem since MIL who watches her during the day won't do that), and in addition, she really really loves playing with and disassembling her potty (on of the Bjorn ones that comes in two pieces).  She likes to take it apart and turn both pieces upside down and scatter them around...
We renovated a year ago, and now we have a very mobile 1 year old and we are looking for a safer way to keep her from the outlets than those little plastic plugs - I've seen the retractable outlet covers (where you actually screw them in place of the original outlet cover, and a plastic piece that is kind of spring loaded retracts over the outlet holes when you pull something out), and I'd like to install these retractable covers in our apartment. However, they seem to...
Just a quick update in case it's helpful info for someone else - I did a kind of trial run for a shorter conference where I was gone about 36h, and the LO seemed to drink about 21oz in a 24h period, so I'm planning on leaving 24oz per 24h period just to be safe. It's amazing - I'm not sure that he is drinking much less than before she started solids, and she eats at least 2 full non-milk meals per day...
Thanks for the reply mio2323. I definitely know what you mean about the space between seats - I'm 6'2" with extra long legs, so I actually can't keep my feet in front of me if the person in front if me puts the seat back (why on earth do they put those hard plastic tray tables in the exact spot where your knees go? ). I'm also concerned that the bathroom would be no better, since I can't actually stand upright in there - I'd have to stand half slouched (and trying not to...
Our DD is almost a year old, and in about a month, I'll be taking my first longish work trip away from home (five days on the opposite coast).  I just finished a 36 hour trip to a conference that was a bit closer to home as a kind of trial run, and it wasn't a great experience - not terrible, but I basically spent the whole trip literally running back and forth in the sub-zero weather between the hotel and the conference center to pump, etc, and I didn't end up having...
So I will be going on a long trip from coast to coast with prolonged time in an airplane, and I'm pretty sure I'll need to pump on the plane at least once each way.  Does anyone out there want to tell me whether you pumped on the plane, and if so, if you did it in your seat or in the plane bathroom?    I'd really rather not pump in the tiny dirty bathroom, but I suppose that if I can do it in bathroom stalls elsewhere, I can do it on a plane.  But I guess I'd really...
Thanks again for your detailed response, HappyHappyMommy!  Thanks for the links to the coolers - these look great.  Do you by any chance remember how much milk you were able to fit into one of them?  I will probably be traveling with around 120 oz of milk, and I have no idea if that would fit into the slightly larger one that you linked to.  Also, I've never stored milk in the bags, just in bottles, but I think bags make more sense for transporting large amounts - do you...
cloudbutterfly, thanks again for all your detail!  I found the signing time videos on amazon instant play, and I think we will try one or two of the baby ones to see how that goes!  Thanks for the tip on doing a one handed version of signs when your hands are full.  Since I carry DD everywhere, it's often hard to do some signs, since I can't get my hands around her and in a place that is visible. :)  For the dog sign, I've been doing the snapping version, since for the...