or Connect

Posts by 4 in 2005

Ok just so you know attempt #2 was the winner for me.  I went into labor on July 13th.  I went into labor around 10:45-11ish.  After 30 minutes I called my DF over.   As soon as he got here I called the midwife.  She got here and told me I was 9cms.  2 contractions later I was semi-pushing.  I had these wimpy little pushes 2 times.  Then I switched position.   I then pushed one time and my water broke and his head and shoulders were delivered same push!     It was...
I am 5 foot 5 and my pool was a bit shallower.  It was 66 inches x 66 inches and 19 inches deep.   It was awesome.  I had no issues with heat but my labor was ultra fast.   My son's job was to fill the tub and he filled it at 11pm and my baby was born at 1am.   So I can't vouch for that.  I wanted a smaller pool because I wanted to be certain my pool was filled quickly cause I thought I would have about a 4 hour labor.  Instead I ended up with a 2 1/2 hour labor.  I was...
Baby's gender Guess- BOY... U/S says it's a boy. Actual- BOY,mom and u/s were right.    Baby's birth date and time Guess- June 26th Actual- July 14th.    Baby's weight and length Guess-  7lbs 5ozs 20 inches long Actual- 7lbs 8ozs 19 inches long   Place of birth Guess- HOME in my craft room. Actual- Home in my craft room in the birth pool I wasn't sure I wanted.   Lenth of labor Guess- 4...
I don't think the tylenol is helping this time.   The rice sock is helping.  I put it against my back when nursing.   When I am not holding baby I put it on my belly. 
awesome, I was worried about the depth of my pool it wasn't even 24 inches but it was heaven on earth.  I did understand in an instance I got in why they call water "Natures epidural."  My only regret is I didn't get much time in my pool. I was only in it for about 5 minutes before little man was born.
Thanks for the reply.  It was a non issue.  I had a fast but complication free (although intense) waterbirth last night.  I am so glad to have that weight taken off my shoulders.  My DF has insurance for the baby so no worries about insurance for him. THANKFULLY!  
My little man was born at home with a 2.5 hour labor and only a 3 minute pushing phase.  (Water broke and he was born on the third push.  That was awesome.  I mean head and shoulders one push.)     He is amazing.   My blood pressure was 140/86 when the midwife got here.  That was during back to back contractions.  She said she would take my blood pressure often in labor.  That was the only time in labor she had a chance to.  She was only here maybe 15 minutes when he...
Corpus Mom--- Thanks I needed to hear that.   Around here there are signs that say if you are in labor they can't turn you away but I thought they couldn't turn anyone that needed emergency care away. 
She knows.... She hasn't suggested I go in yet.   However she is really watching me.   Like I said she has me weighing myself to monitor the weight gain/loss from water retention.  (Which for a second day I have no swelling YAY!!)   I was just wondering if anyone had any clue how I might get treated having no insurance.  My biggest fear is her saying I need to go and an ER turning me away because of no insurance.      That terrifies me.   Because I do trust my...
I call the ones I picked mantras because I recite them over and over and I picked shorter ones.  They are birth affirmations that can be used in birth.  I mentioned them in another thread and figured I would post them for those that want to see a list.  Feel free to add your own in reply.  I have several taped up around my birth space.   I tried to pick a few from the different lists.    Birth Empowering Statements  Birth is an Emergence, not an Emergency.  I...