or Connect

Posts by aumismommy

I consume it freely during pregnancy, and beyond. Love kombucha...it's amazing for you and according to my research will not have hurt baby.
This is interesting to me.  First of all, addressing the part I bolded in the quote - why?  Why would you want them to have a high transfer rate for first time mothers?  Maybe I'm reading your statement wrong.   Second - does anybody ask their OB these questions - besides the questions directed at what neonatal and hemmorage equip they have - assuming the hospital has that - what about your questions of c-i that you typed out?  I wonder if mamas/families ask their OB...
Ok, first off surprised at where this thread has gone.  I'm going to try to answer a couple questions but not sure if it's even necessary...   We use midwives and when we first set out on the search when we were preg with our first we called several (though I had heard of the ones we ended up choosing years before and was quite thrilled to use them based on their experience and reviews).  They are a team of two women with a lot of experience and they are actually...
Definitely turn up the water heater as soon as you know you are in labor (unless you want to turn it up ahead of time).  Fish net for unexpected floaties. Lots of towels....more than you think.  Nothing fancy but stuff to throw down on the floor makes life easier for everyone (especially whomever is cleanup crew). A robe?  If you get in and out a lot (I didn't but one of my friends did and she's the one who told me to have a robe handy) she said it was just nice to...
What's on yours?  For post-partum type stuff...   I have on mine so far-   *Made by me mama cloth (cheap with fleece, old cloth dipes, etc) *A well stocked freezer (our baby shower will be "Diapers & Dinners" theme since that's all we 'need' asking for frozen dinners or diapers from our list of cloth we still need) *Tissue Repair Ointment (this was a lifesaver for my nasty tear last time)...
Hey love...it's Natasha ;)  Are they having you continue the progest cream as well or are you doing that on your own instinct?  Either way is fine by me just wondering.  I just went down from 2 pills twice a day last week to one pill a day and now am doing that for one more week and then I get to stop and I am 18 weeks now.  My morning sickness finally stopped at about 15 weeks or so.  It was nasty.    Ask m&k if you can open the capsules in juice or a smoothie so...
I am a (semi) retired yoga instructor.  Basically I used to teach then got pregnant, planned to go back and am pregnant again, however my husband and I are part owners of two yoga studios and thus are very involved and educated in regards to yoga.  Additionally, we have used (are using) midwives (the same very educated, they are actually midwife educators themselves) for both pregnancies.   My thoughts are - yoga instructors are exactly that...they instruct yoga,...
I took 2oz when I was 41+1 because I was having tons of braxton hicks that would be 4min apart and a minute long and then they'd go away every night....this happened for two weeks.  I was getting tired and exhausted from these and we (myself, DH and midwives) thought this was best in order to have energy for birth.    I took it at about 5pm, labor started about 10pm.  DS was born 8am next day.    Good luck.
I just wanted to see who took what form of schooling - pros and cons, etc.  Can you share with me your thoughts?  I am currently looking at NMI but have heard that for the cost (12k) that I could find a better education elsewhere.  Please enlighten me!  I am in the Sacramento CA area.
I am wondering the same thing. I am looking at taking the summer course and have been emailing with Elizabet but wanted to find out from others what their thoughts are.