or Connect

Posts by zwickya

I don't like The Cat in the Hat. Let a stranger into your home while your parents are gone; then consent to lie to your mother about it.
I'm not aware of any family practice doctors in the area, whether open to alternative treatments or not. I haven't been to a doctor in years and just haven't had a need to look for one I like.   If you visit the Smart Mommies meetings, you can get on their Facebook group. People are always asking for local recommendations there. Here is the store that hosts the meetings. http://www.mylittlejuel.com/location.htm You might want to call for the current meeting schedule;...
Hi! I live in Kingwood and can tell you about a few resources.   Kingwood is a nice suburban community, if the suburbs are your thing. We're not suburbs people, so we're looking to move into Houston when we can. But if I had to pick a suburb over again, Kingwood is a good pick. In general, all the neighborhoods are very safe and nice. It really just depends on how much you are looking to spend. There are neighborhoods with homes in the millions and my "starter" home...
We use Dr. Injac and are very happy with him. He recommends the CDC vaccine schedule but will support whatever choices the parents make. I disagree with him quite a bit on babies and sleep. At a certain age, he recommends you just "let them cry." I told him I wasn't comfortable with that and just didn't talk to him about baby's or my sleep after that.   I recommend that you call now and set up a meet and greet appointment. There is usually no charge for this. I...
I wonder if a travel potty would be helpful for you. http://www.amazon.com/Kalencom-2-in-1-Potette-Plus-Blue/dp/B0016L0MMS/ref=sr_1_2?s=baby-products&ie=UTF8&qid=1317858017&sr=1-2 I've heard you can just use plastic grocery bags instead of their expensive liners, too.   That would help avoid accidents when you're out and about and don't have a bathroom nearby. I imagine her giving you more lead time will come as she adjusts, but this quick potty fix could help keep...
We use Thirsties covers with prefolds. My daughter doesn't have the chubbiest thighs ever, but she is a big girl, and Thirsties fit her very well.
We get a lot of positive comments, too. A woman I met asked me, "Is she wearing 'real' diapers?" I just loved that description of them!
I don't have an answer, but I wanted to let you know I've had something similar. We have one prefold with dark gray spots on it. The spots have been on this one prefold for a couple of months. I just keep using it but always feel a little uncertain. It doesn't look like any of the other stains on our diapers. I don't see how it could be mildew after all these washings, but I don't know what else it could be. Our washing system is the same as yours. Anyone have ideas?
I need some help with nighttime cloth options. We have been using disposables at night for a few months, but we know there must be some good cloth options out there. My daughter is 8 months old. During the day, we use prefolds with Thirsties covers. At night we used to use a prefold topped with two microfiber inserts. But a couple of months ago, these started leaking too often, so we switched to disposables at night. I recently purchased a Dream-Eze fitted diaper, size...