or Connect

Posts by FarrenSquare

WHAT! We are inclusive here at Burning Man MDC headquarters. We welcome talk of other experiences. ;) Plus, I wanna know. That is OFC?   I've been to music festivals, but I'm really not in it for a rave - I'm in it for community and art, so I never have as much fun. Our regional this year was absolutely incredible. It rained a lot, and it was hard to camp with a baby for four nights in the rain, but we had a lot of fun. Too bad I didn't get any pictures of him in his...
Are you nursing? It most likely is food sensitivities. The most common are dairy, egg, wheat, and peanut. If that is his only symptom, you may be able to cut back but if he has other symptoms, elimination has been amazing for me and my little guy. Cradle cap is actually a symptom, too. Here is a good link: http://drjaygordon.com/nutrition/an-allergy-elimination-diet.html   He had eczema and it disappeared after we figured out what he was sensitive to. In the...
This post makes me sad.   Sad for all those moms who desperately wanted to breastfeed but had a traumatic birth and a low supply, or a doctor that gave them false information, or an LC that arrived on the scene too late, or a hospital that didn't understand nipple confusion. Those moms who would have given anything for a good healthy breastfeeding start... to watch someone have it all and give it away? That makes me really sad.
Its really happening, Rye! Your body is taking over and you are going to be holding your baby girl very soon! Many many ELVs!!!!
These are some of the affirmations I actually USED during labour!   Give in to labour and let your body take over.  Relinquish control to your instinctual body and the baby---they know more than your brain does! {honestly just repeated "instinctual body, instinctual body. lol}   your contractions cannot be stronger than you because they are you.   I easily flow through each contraction. {I said a lot of flow!flow!floowwwww!}   Relax your face {this is a...
Honestly, Riley, I think you should follow your heart. I know you and I know you are probably already leaning one way or the other. Flip a coin and see how you feel? Pray and maybe you will find answers?   I, personally, would take the castor oil/herbal mixture and let that steep and see how you feel. You can ride it out and see how it sits. I would probably keep the midwife close by after the mixture and since I am cool with it but IDK if you are, I would just have...
Like I said above:  As long as we aren't stifling their choices.     My issue is not raising a gender neutral child - I could care less what gender he will identify with and I will love him all the same - it is the fact that gender is attached to inanimate objects and colour, thus my son's choices are limited by society. Toys like play kitchens and easy bake ovens that come only in pink and purple, have little girls all over the front, and are marketed only to...
Breastmilk up the nose is the best trick I have ever learned! If you can, squirt some up there next time you are nursing and then let him finish eating. If he is still boogery after eating, try the snot sucker, or a nosefrida, or yeah... I've also sucked the snot myself, but never gotten any in my mouth. It works though, and sometimes crazy sacrifices need to be made! lol. The life of a mom.
In my experience, the trend was turning towards "high needs" or "exceptional needs" as people started reacting negatively towards the term "special." Again, just my experience.
I'm an educator, so to me the term means a child who has needs that require extra supports. Technically speaking, gross and fine motor delays, language delays, or children who require extensive cognitive and/or behavioural supports (aka on the Autistic spectrum or FASD) qualify as "high needs"   My baby is fussy, I call him high maintenance.  There is a big difference to me.