or Connect

Posts by Laneybug

I haven't posted here in a few years, but I felt compelled to come back just to pass on my cloth diaper success story in hopes that someone might get something out of it! I cd'd dd2 for two and a half years, basically until she was pottytrained. But it was always a battle. She constantly had diaper rash, the diaper pail always stunk up whatever room it was in, I constantly had to strip thediapers because of needing to use balmex and fleece liners which never really...
Hi all! Any ideas about how to get a good pumping session going? My 14 month old DD2 nurses abt 4-5 times per day and is pretty much nightweaned, but I am looking to donate my breastmilk to a friend and am having poor output with the pump. I haven't pumped in a few years but never had a problem before. Then again I was working and there were totally different supply and demand issues going on. I decided tonight I'm just going to pump at 9-9:30every night and hope my...
Hi everyone and congratulations to all the lucky mamas on the BFPs!   I have to be here because I am going crazy waiting!  I did post once in the nursing mamas TTC thread, but the 2WW support is in order right now!  I have PCOS and am still nursing my 13 month old dd.  Haven't seen AF in 2 years!!    I am 10 DPO (I think--I never charted--just monitored CF and used OPKs).  I tested at 5 and 7 DPO (not so smart) with FRER and of course, BFNs.   I am trying to hold...
Hi everyone!  I haven't posted in the forums for awhile--I've had my hands full with DD (13 months) and going back to work full-time in January, so serious pangs of guilt kick in if I spend too much time online!  But I just wanted to be put in the 2WW...it's really exciting following everyone's stories.  And congratulations to all the pregnant BFing mamas!   So basically my story is this:  DD nightweaned at probably 6 or 7 months---we gave up on cosleeping at that...
I just wipe it dry and use vaseline as a moisture barrier. haven't had a problem since!
this question is soooo not today's problem--and today I even swore to myself that I would stop going on the computer every time I was struck with a baby-related question because doing so has totally messed with whatever natural maternal instincts I had in the first place--but has anyone put their babes in baby hammocks for naps and sleep? I am slightly concerned about how she'll be when she outgrows the amby baby hammock we purchased today (with repair kit--I am aware of...
jess, i wouldnt give up on the tummy sleeping if you are still open to it. DD did not like it at first because I tried to put her directly down with her arms at her sides, and she just kept butting her head into the mattress and eventually freaking out. So I turned her on her side and repositioned her so one arm was underneath her chest and the other arm was hanging out. that way both her hands or arms could touch each other. that's a horrible description but maybe you...
I am completely with you on the exhaustion...and everything falling by the wayside. It really seemed that as soon as DD started sleeping for longer periods (six hours or more), I became an insomniac. Even on the nights when I do sleep, I have so much trouble dragging us out of the house and getting stuff done. And I didn't experience much of that at all in the first six weeks. I don't get it. She goes to bed between 8 and 9 and doesn't wake for a feeding typically...
I'm going to burn for this, but here goes: I was really struggling with swaddling issues for the past week (my DD is about the same age as Baby Symphony). I guess watching DD gaining more control of her limbs and falling in love with her hands started to make me feel bad about tightly swaddling her in the SwaddleMe. So I tried the Woombie (bought two, any takers? I'll sell them for like, nothing) and it was okay, but she got more annoyed with it than anything, like she...
i think i have gone longer than two days....I wash them all when I'm running low (I have about 20 BGS, give or take). We keep the dirty dipes right next to the washer (which is in our bathroom) in a hamper lined with a swaddlebees wet bag, and even after two or three days, it doesn't stink. no one has ever said they could smell poo or pee. As for washing, I do a cold rinse followed by two washes and two rinses on the hot/cold cycle. Yes, it is a lot of washing and...