or Connect

Posts by mumm

Yes.  DP travels during the week so it is just me and the kids.  Depending on the season (and the various sports) I often have a sit down meal at 4pm before everyone runs off to their different activities.  Sometimes we all sit down for a bowl of cold cereal or oatmeal at 8:30pm before bed.   I can't imagine trying to serve everyone separately and doing 5 different clean up times!  Often the meal is lovely and we converse, just as often it is bickering, angry eye rolls and...
Ours get used for multiple things   -cleaning bikes and engines and then get tossed -torn into strips for tomato plants and such in the garden.  They then get tossed or simply rot out. -clean ups that involve broken glass and food. Sadly, we need this more than I'd like!  They also end up getting tossed covered in glass slivers and food. -Every so often someone will work on a woven rug.  Never really gets too far.  After a while I scrounge the pieces for the...
Speech therapy can help.  We had our (then) 8 year old in speech therapy for a lisp.  I couldn't hear the lisp, but my partner and  her teachers could.  Insurance covered all but the copay.  Within just a few lessons she was able to correct it.  A few months after that the lisp was mostly gone.
I wouldn't put any baby in a dress.  They ride up to their armpits and are generally a pain.  I get the easy access to diaper areas, but that doesn't make up for the riding up part.   Once they are older, any one who wants to wear a dress can.  I only have one boy and he wore dresses for play, but never in regular life.  He is 13 and will occasionally don a frilly dress when playing with his sisters but that is about it.
Week 1-  Groceries -$352 random items- $27 birthday party gift, $5 toothpaste/brush, $88 birthday party gifts, $65 chicken feed, $5 postage, $95 school lunches for 2 kids  (Total-$285)   Week 2- Groceries-$232 random- homedepot $30 (bunch of hooks for lamp, will return most of them!), $17 seeds and valentine stickers (total $47)   Week 3- Groceries- $36.93 Random- Gas ($58)               Rx- $58  (strep throat for 3 and a yeast infection for me. Seriously?  Just...
For years I kept track of expenses, but then I never followed through with figuring out how much I harvested.     My typical annual expenses- $40 land rental $9 seeds $9 seedlings   I save seeds from year to year so only need to buy if I want something new or a different variety.  I buy seedlings when they go on sale late in the season and experiment with things.  I got 4 boy choy plants a few years back for $1 and have been using the seeds from that since then.  I...
I'm playing along with my own rules.  (Yea- someone always has to be a trouble maker!! might as well be me.  )   I'm tracking spending before trying to make big changes due to a drastic salary drop.   Groceries last week-$352 random items- $27 birthday party gift, $5 toothpaste/brush, $88 birthday party gifts, $65 chicken feed, $5 postage, $95 school lunches for 2 kids  (Total-$285)     Groceries this week-$232 random- homedepot $30 (bunch of hooks for lamp, will...
Old thread!    $250K for a tiny house in MA would be amazing!  Good luck finding that now.   Interesting to look at how the housing market has fluctuated during the years since this post!
 Isn't that where the 25 minute private lesson came from?    It hasn't been proven that 25 minutes is the perfect length of time for a 5 year old to learn to swim!  30 and 45 minute lessons are the norm.  But if you have two 30 minute lessons and then a 45 minute lesson you need a bit of time to look at your roster, grab some food, hit the toilet (although it appears that is up for debate!) and get ready for the next round of lessons.  Out of the water instructors can go...
 No!  and Yes! Swimmers don't pee in the pool.  We hop out to the locker room.  I'm a distance swimmer and swim with distance swimmers.  In the winter when we are in the pool, people will sometimes get out 2 or 3 times in a two hour workout to use the toilet.  Once in the great outdoors it is easier. And, I pee in shower all the time.  My bladder wouldn't have it any other way!   I don't pee in public showers if I can help it.    The ammonia-chlorine problem isn't the only...