or Connect

Posts by Tresa

I have a baby butt right up under my ribs. It's throwing my everything off, and I've got heartburn for the first time...ever? I don't remember having it this frequently with my first two kids. Small meals, try and time it so you don't eat right before bed, eat gentle stuff that will be easy to digest. I spend time in the evening on my hands and knees, cat/cow-ing or just draped over a yoga ball to give baby a hammock to lay down into and give my bowels a little room...
I didn't expect such enthusiastic support, thanks! And thank you for the links. I'm extra fascinated now....
I read Ina May's stuff, Bradley stuff, and other books with natural birth inspiration for my first two births, all of which helped me prepare for and get through my births, but I'm curious about hypnobirthing. Looking around online, there's a 150$ kit with books and CDs you can buy, a 13$ book that seems to describe the method, and other options. What have you used, what would you recommend? TIA
I've always been, and when am not pregnant or nursing, really thin, and I loved being curvy and round the first two times around. This time I feel flabby, to often I see what will be left behind when the baby evacuates and it depresses me a little. I started out way thinner this time than I did the first two times I was pregnant, and thought maybe I'd gain less...but I'll break 150 at my next appointment, and that number seems daunting when my cute clothes fit me when...
I think it's fair that they get a little weirded out when you're blooming huge pregnant...even I get a little freaked out by the way my body is late in pregnancy. But up until then, when your body is getting round and lovely and hormones are surging and there's all the extra blood flow down there...they would be smart to exalt in their woman's extra sexiness and dive in! What about scented candles? Are you eating a lot of sugar, sometimes overloaded bacteria or...
I get breaks periodically, too. It IS so much like being on vacation. It's a lot of work to eat/drink/pee as much as we do.
It's just a big YAY!!!
I've gone back and forth this and my previous pregnancies. I initially feel on hold, and then I feel physically drained, sick, awful for a few weeks, then during the second tri when I get my energy back, I feel almost panicked to catch up and get ahead and get stuff done because I anticipate being tired again during the third tri, and then for the first six months at LEAST of baby's life, I'm boxed in, nursing all the time, playing catch-up with an infant to care...
My mild early pg symptoms disappeared entirely for a week around week 7/8. It was scary! But it was just a temporary break, the exhaustion and barfiness came back. And what Maeryn said.
With the exception of the heartburn I get after drinking coffee, mine responds (dies) with extra acid. Anything I eat that's heavy with protein or fat. Papaya or other digestive enzymes work. So does eating pickle or two. So does drinking water with a capful of apple cider vinegar in it.