or Connect

Posts by featherstory

LOL at Miranda...yeah that's how my kid was introduced to Disney too, family.  Unfortunately it happened way earlier than I hoped, but oh well.  I can't change that.     Fillyjonk..there has been a Disney channel since I was a kid and I actually watched it!  Now there's actually several Disney channels.  The Disney shows are like a million times worse than Disney movies.     I actually also found some of the questions inappropriate to my situation but just tried...
Today we woke up really early.  We lounged around a bit and then we did a board puzzle together.  dd5 helped me do that Disney survey listed on the main homeschooling board, so that stirred up a lot of conversation until she got bored with it.  She dressed herself easily and without a fuss because she discovered some clothes last night that I put away like a year ago because they were too big at the time.  She set up an outfit last night and put it on this morning....
So my daughter has been asking me for about a week to help her make a calendar.  I've gotten the materials(posterboard and all that) to make it with.  But we don't seem to ever have time to do it and I don't know how to make a calendar anyway.    We have some serious time management/organization issues here and it's been causing a lot of problems.  We are luckily moving soon which will change that a lot, but I need to get rid of a lot of things to do so and I need to...
I just did it with my 5yo dd.  I have been concerned that since we moved in with my mom she's been watching way too much Disney, but her gender ideas are very equal and still intact.  So that's nice to know.     But some of the questions made me realize she's not watching near as much as some children and I try to always talk to her about what she watches and keep it to certain movies. 
Programs? No.  I haven't purchased any programs although I thought about Little Pim as well.   What I have found are some books and just a lot of good resources.     Actually what am I saying???  I bought my daughter a Power-glide Spanish book w/ cassettes from a thrift store for her 4th birthday.  It is not really meant for children per se, but it can certainly be used for kids, maybe not every single thing in the book, but it gives you a lot to work with.  We...
Wow...fillyjonk...thank you so much for explaining that.  I think you just helped me to understand my oldest daughter a lot better.  She is very extroverted and I have always known that I need to be very careful with the people I let her hang around.     When she was younger we spent a lot of time together and she spent a lot of time with different adults(not without me, we just had a very social life, held lots of events, etc.).  She had some play friends but not...
We finally watched Bill Nye for the first time today.  The girls loved it.  We watched "buoyancy" and as soon as it ended dd5 begged for clay and we made boats and tested the bouyancy of other things in the water...that was their bath time.   It was rainy today and although I didn't want to I let the girls stay outside playing in the rain for quite a while and we went for a walk around the block when we checked the mail.  We played with wet tennis balls on a wet...
My dd5 is very much this child.  Not so much with other children outside the home, but with her sister, with me, with any adult she knows really well...   I'm thinking it is just personality and is an extension of a part of her that is strong and unique and interesting, but it definitely goes too far sometimes.   I know that part of it has been heightened by being around certain adults who use the same kind of behavior, in some ways i feel I can't help her...
Wow...things have been super busy!   We've been making lots of raw meals together for dinner this week thanks to this book: http://www.amazon.com/Feed-Your-Tike-Likes-ebook/dp/B00AAL9R80/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359174107&sr=8-1&keywords=feed+your+tike+what+he+likes   Today the girls used banana boxes to make pretend/competing TVs since we've nearly nixed all TV the way things were going.    We also played choo-choo trains with the boxes.  While I was making...
From what I've seen there's quite a few where IBCLC is not even necessary, let alone being a nurse.  You can also practice independently, I think.  I have known some private practice Lactation Consultants but I can't be sure they weren't IBCLC or RNs...I just don't remember.   Also, from what I've seen a lot of the jobs with those qualifications don't necessarily turn you away if you don't have exactly everything, because from what I've seen there's usually more jobs...