or Connect

Posts by dziejen

Oooh, Congratulations lilacvioletiris! Welcome to the world, Edward and William! Two beautiful boys. Glad you are all home and doing well.
I have several friends who could really use the money if I were to win (heck, who couldn't?) but I have one in particular that I encouraged to enter and we would pick one another. She has supported me and I have her through lots of financial ups and downs by listening, encouraging, understanding, and sometimes sharing resources. Honestly, she could use the money however makes sense to her but I think she would use it to eliminate debt and it would definitely bless her...
UGH Trekkingirl, I got one several months ago.  I am fighting the ticket and my court date is in December but here we have to pay a fee to contest it with the magistrate.  Still worth fighting it though because they often cut the amount owed down.  My biggest concern is that my insurance will go up.  Sorry to hear. Very frustrating.
We had unexpected car repairs last month and just about drained our emergency fund. Our checking account is at the bare minimum until payday but it feels good to have cash for grocery money left in our budget and no credit card bills for the repair! Here's what is on my mind: recently we received a back settlement and now have $5900 dollars in an account. Hubby is buying a much needed lawn mower in the next day or so. We have no debt other than our house and one of our...
That's a great attitude., Pollyanna. We've had several things happen like this and while it stinks, it feels so empowering to be able to fix what needs to be fixed and have the money to do it. I remember from FPU that Dave was saying that with out an EF then you have both a car and a money problem, not just a car problem. Hope it is fixed quickly!
Hooray for twin boys, lilacvioletiris! Hope you are all doing well!   Orangemomma, it is hard to stick to a budget/list, especially when we are tired, hungry, emotional, etc. but boy does it feel good!  Nice job!   Hi trekkingirl, glad you checked in.  Hope your transition back to work is going well!
Hooray for a raise, lilacvioletiris! Great news! It's good you had success selling dishes too - every little bit counts! Last week I rolled $35 in pennies and put it in the bank. I am putting as much cash as I can aside so that we are prepared for winter heating costs. I also have been saving quarters for holiday shopping - so far I have a little over $100. It feels good to have a plan even if it is slow going.
Hooray for July! Thanks for starting a new thread, trekkingirl.  This is the month we actually take the plunge and cancel cable.  Dh has agreed to it and we have decided to spend more time with our hobbies (him - guitar, me - Candy Crush - just kidding, ha ha ha) and save the amount of cash that we don't spend on cable each month.  I am hoping to make a deliberate plan so this money doesn't just get used for our usual living expenses but at first it will probably go into...
Great news, Pollyanna! Prettyisa - I am going to start re reading our Financial Peace University materials and find out when the classes are being held in our area because now we can go for free. Recently we made a hard decision - my brother is coming back to the US after being in Afghanistan and we were hoping to be at the base with my parents to welcome him but after doing the math we realized it was going to cost at least $1000 and we just couldn't swing it. It was the...
I've been following along but haven't posted in a couple months. We are continuing along and day to day bills are getting paid, we have paid a very large chunk of the car loan that we refinanced last fall and we have no new debt. What also have our $1000 emergency fund. It still feels like we are struggling to pay for anything "extra" and that the more we save for, the more expenses come up. We have also been in our home for 10 or so years now and we have lots of...