or Connect

Posts by acu-mommy

oh, and i wanted to add 'why the sun and the moon live in the sky' by elphinstone dayrell, 'the blue jackal', by marcia brown, and 'yeh-shen' retold by Ai-ling louie...(also, i dont know if you do tv, but we recently got 25 childrens storybook classics on dvd by scholastic, it has Hans christian anderson, james marshall fairy tale collection, rapunzel, srega nona...etc. a lot of classic fairy tales)
Hey Stacey B! So our favorite Fables and Fairy tales right not are: Multicultural Fables and Fairytales by Tara Mc Carthy (scholastic, and there are some activities after the stories) 15 Easy Folktale fingerplays by Bill Gordh, these are short, but my littlest really likes the fingerplays....for littler ones. Favorite Norse Myths retold by Mary Pope Osborne, and we just just got Afterwards, Folk and Fairy tales with Mathematical Ever Afters (which i am undecided about,...
I second Stacey B! lots of play play play...reading, following their interests..i have a 3.5 yr old and 1.5 yr old, and am in the process too...of learning and reading about the various possible ways to learn with and teach my children. I have learned a lot from this forum about the different kinds of homeschooling, and also the curriculum review part too... enjoy the journey, I dont have a whole lot to add other than you will find what fits for you!
We are in the process of trying to find a rhythm to our days...I have a 3 1/2 year old, and 21 month old. My 3 1/2 year old is really into learning to read, so we are doing daily lessons from 'teach your child to read in 100 easy lessons', which he just loves. We do daily art (mostly painting, coloring, drawing). I am enjoying incorporating some of the crafts from 'celebrating the great mother: earth honoring activites for parents and children', and 'green crafts for...
my daughter is 19 months old, is still nursing, and my period has not returned yet.....this seems like a long time to me. with my son who is now 3 1/2, i got my period back after about 8 months (and he nursed until he was 3, i tandem nursed for quite a while!) so i dont know, some people seem to get theirs back much sooner. with my son, he was almost constantly nursing, and my period returned, i got pregnant while nursing him, and nursing him obviously didnt interfere...
hey stacey, yeah...i totally hear you. My mother is really supportive of us homeschooling, but shes about the only one. Everyone else gives us the 'but what about socialization?', or my new favorite 'but you both went to school and turned out OK!' And my 95 year old Nanny (grandmother, the kids great grandmother) was staying with us for the past few weeks while her caregivers were on vacation, and mind you, she has dementia and short term memory loss...but she kept...
I started using this book when my son was about 2 1/2 (because he showed an interest in letters, sounds, rhyming...reading in general) and we got through about 20 lessons, and did really well until we hit the double letter sounds (th sound specifically) So we put it on hold for a while and just focused on the sounds he knew already. He is 3 1/2 now, and ready to get back into using the book, and i have to say....using this book he read his first sentence before he was...
Hi! I am new to the mothering forum, and was wondering if there are any other preschool age, planning to be homeschoolers out there who want to get together or chat! We are not set on any particular style, reading well trained mind, considering waldorf, bought some Enki materials, and do lots of arts, music, and of course, play....We would like to find some community to get together with, play, and learn..(my son is 3 1/2, my daughter is 18 months) thanks! lisa aka...