or Connect

Posts by jaylind

I have been so pleased with Michelle's excellent service and supportive guidance during the last year as I've launched our website. Things have SO improved for the better in my life once I got my site up and running...and it was virtually foolproof...I totally put it together all by myself. And I hate writing code! I met Michelle online when I was searching for a web host and an ecommerce solution for the products I wanted to sell online. Typically, hosts will sell...
i have one child with bipolar disorder, along with a laundry list of other issues. teach alerted me to this thread. i just don't hang out a ton here anymore but if you'd like to talk more about all this, i can be reached at bazanna at gmail dot com. if i remember to come back and check this thread, i could be cajoled into hanging around for a bit, LOL. email is probably the better bet
ye, gads...i have not posted here in years...but...after reading all this, i have to say, CHANGE YOUR USERNAME AGAIN...to something he'll never ever get. what you are using now is far to easy for him to figure out. even *i* figured it out, all it took was a quick peek at a thread at another place. surely he wouldn't need to peek... and what SH said. she knows her stuff. you CAN. you really can.
Aha! I've been looking for this for a couple of days now: http://www.carseat.org/Technical/brokencs.htm That pic illustrates the importance of using the reinforced slots when forward facing. If crash forces can subject the seat and child to that kind of force when forward facing, I'm just not interested. I get what you mamas are saying about crying and distraction in the car, I really do. But like I said, for me, forward facing before the limits of the seat are...
Just one more thing I keep meaning to add: Those of you with kids who scream in the car and you just don't know how to handle that...you are sitting with your babies, doing everything you can to comfort them etc etc. Could you consider for a moment what single parents are doing? I have been a single mom for most of my kids' lives but continually since my youngest was 2 weeks old. I have never received child support, which makes me single mom and sole breadwinner. If...
Thank you dallaschildren!! I hate jumping in on stuff like this because I know it makes parents feel as if they are being ganged up upon. It's very hard to keep quiet during these types of discussions... Quote: I have a question...since RF is so much safer, do you think they are going to try to make the RF limits for carseats higher and higher? I think there is indeed some movements afoot to that effect, yes. Our children will be teens by...
Again, misinformation is rampant and honestly, I'm feeling like I'm jumping uninvited into this thread but since I technically am an established member here, I'll continue... Here are my feelings on nursing in a moving car: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...nursing+moving Also, think about this...if your upper torso weighs, say, half your total body weight and you weigh 150 pounds, that is a 75-pound torso. To calculate crash forces you'd level on your...
Here's a good pic illustrating why extended rearfacing is so important: http://www.carseat.org/Technical/HeadExc.jpg That was a 34-pound dummy in a 34-mph frontal impact. Yes, slower speeds are safer but I cannot for the life of me understand WHY anyone would expose their 1-year-old to such extreme crash forces when rearfacing will prevent it about 80% of the time. The vast majority of crashes are frontal, so it makes sense (from a physics standpoint and also a...
There's a TON of stuff in this thread I just don't have the time or energy to address. Misinformation is easy to come across, though There are lots of good reasons to keep your child rearfacing until the limits of the seat. There are precious few reasons to turn a child around before s/he reaches the rearfacing limits of the seat. If you visit a carseat technician, you can have your seat professionally installed for free (link in my sig) and they will teach you how...
pump and m2m!!!