or Connect

Posts by jump mama jump!

I want to wean my 15 month old. She's been fed on demand all along, and I'm trying to institute a schedule so I can start dropping a feeding at a time but she's rejecting that too and throwing tantrums to nurse. I could deal with it if she didn't want to nurse ALL THE TIME, for short periods of time, and expect me to just keep the boob out for her to sip on (she freaks out when I put it away even if she's totally distracted and had stopped nursing!). The tantrums are...
I know my original post was forever ago, but we are needing a new doc asap. Anderson's practice is not taking new patients (until MAYBE in July when a new doc joins the practice and the recept says there's no waiting list, so we just have to call back then and see), and Beckman would take us and sounds great but apparently doesn't participate with our insurance provider. Does anyone know of anyone else good? A friend recommended Brighton Hill pediatrics, does anyone know...
Yep, it's how I have my daughter... we had also been drinking so his withdrawel was probably not so well timed. I have to say that after we were pregnant, he admitted that having to pull out all the time was ruining sex for him... It was effective for about a year and half though, when we avoided it or used a condom around ovulation. Then we were drunk, and I was ovulating and there you go... 
Just an update.   We had our weigh in today. It went ok. Dd gained a pound since last visit, and grew and inch and a half. Doc (who didn't bother to see us herself, but told her nurse) says that's good, but still wants another weigh in in a month. Could be worse. I'm not surprised she grew more in height than weight, she's super active. Her favorite thing right now is climbing the stairs.   Silverfish, thanks for the suggestions. We will definitely have to try...
http://shmooedfood.blogspot.com/2006/01/fluffy-white-cupcakes.html   I've been using this for a white cake. I use coconut rum instead of extract though (don't worry there is only like a tsp and the alcohol cooks out anyway), and adding about 4 tsps of orange extract makes it a really nice orange cake. It takes a little longer in the oven as a cake than cupcakes. Maybe 5 minutes?
We are still looking for a new dr in this area too. Can I ask you who you were seeing? Just so I can avoid him... PM me if you don't want to post it. I'd be happy to share who we're looking to get away from for the same reason if you want.  
I haven't checked this thread in a while. Thanks to people who posted new links. They look interesting. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of the future generation, and have heard of Rad Dad, but never actually read it.   To me anarchism is more than just the advocacy of the absence of government, but the whole absence of hierarchy. I feel like oppression would still be present in other forms as long as there is any one or group with power over others.   That...
Can your baby roll over on her own? Mine started to at about that age and from then on refused to sleep on her back, but it was her own choice, rather than me making it for her. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable with putting her down on her tummy if I didn't know she could roll over or get up if she wanted to.
We too haven't yet had the iron test. I'm assuming they'll do it at the next visit when they do the lead check. I'm not too worried about the iron since the ped was so adament about giving her lots of cereal, which is all fortified. We've started adding coconut milk to it for fat too. Silverfish, sure I'm always happy to take some suggestions on foods...   We actually did go right out and see a nutritionist, but I have to say she wasn't much help. She gave us tons of...
subbing. Hi ladies. My dd is 11.5 months old. 6lbs 10oz , 19 inches at birth. At her 9 month check up which was actually at 10.5 months (due to our doc being in the office so rarely, and scheduling issues), the dr freaked out about her being only 15 lbs, 7 oz and 27 inches tall (they didn't take a head measurement, strangely enough), and especially the fact that she hadn't gained at all in the 3 or 4 weeks since she'd been seen due to being sick. No one mentioned...