or Connect

Posts by hoping4just1more

Hey ladies. Well I spent the evening relaxing, packing my hospital bag, and getting things in order. Contractions started to completely die off my 9pm and I was just really achy in my uterus from the activity. I completely expected to wake in the night with harder contractions but here I am this morning with nothing more than a back ache. I was so tired I slept through the entire night though which is a plus considering that is only the 3rd time I have slept through the...
I thought about calling but its after hours now. The problem is that my last labor was precipitous and it was very similar to this only the difference was my contractions where regular, just not painful. So by the time I had hard contractions that told me it was time to go it was because I was about 3 contractions from needing to push. I am so scared this is effacing my cervix and when it finally becomes regular I won't have time to make it to the hospital again. I should...
Well I lost my mucus plug yesterday and then today woke up around 3am with bloody show. Pretty excited but nothing happened so I kind of went about my business until the contractions started. They are so inconsistent it is insane. I will have one 15 minutes apart and then 3 back to back and then they space to 4 minutes. I am exhausted already with this going on all day. When the contractions went from uncomfortable to actually painful I started to get brown discharge so I...
Princessjules-Thanks so much. dmpkmom-That is a good question! I did not know that about the gel! My understanding is that they normally don't even use cervadil, they just start the pitocin. But they do offer it. Which is why I was worried about my cervix being effaced at least before hand. Actually I am looking at a paper now that says they may use cytotec, cervadil, pitocin, and/or cook catheter. Based on what you just told me I suppose I need to do a lot more research...
Well I have been waiting to see what was going to happen with this fetal arrhythmia since I found out about it and finally I was told at my last prenatal appointment on friday they had scheduled me for a 39 week induction the day the arrhythmia was detected. I asked why I wasn't told about it and they said they were hoping I would go into labor on my own.    I have very mixed feelings about it. I am happy to know there is an end in sight. Since finding out about...
Yeah it's just for fun I would say. :-) Something for us mamas to look at while trying to do anything to stay busy. I am only 37/2 and I am starting to feel a lot antsier than I thought I would! Things like this are just kind of meaningless fun little time passers.
Found this link the other day and thought I would share it. I say for fun because I didn't read any info on the site so I don't know where these odds come from.   Make sure you change the due date to your own. I have a 1.5% chance of having my baby this weekend @38 weeks.    http://spacefem.com/pregnant/due.php
Carlin-Yes baby is perfect otherwise. At her 20 week anatomy scan she was just fine and today as well. They did another anatomy scan to double check and of course paid special attention to her heart. Nothing was wrong.   Worldshakerz-The way the doctor explained it was that when on chamber (or maybe he said ventricle ???) pumps blood in, another will will pump blood out. I guess the one pumping blood out was only pumping out every so often instead of them alternating...
Man I feel like crap. I never want to go into my appointments. I always feel the baby move and from time to time I will check her heartbeat on my doppler at home. I have heard the strange heartbeat several times at home and never really thought much of it not experiencing it before but then today I finally go in and let the nurse listen to the heartbeat and when she hears it she starts looking at the other nurse in that "Uh oh" sort of way and grabs the sonogram machine,...
I just am having such a hard time believeing mucus plug because I don't feel like there is anything at all going on down there. Like not even a tiny little smidge. Well hopefully it was a mucus plug. I will cross my fingers doctor has something cool to say on Tuesday!