or Connect

Posts by AromaSade

I love seeing Mothering mentioned - especially in a positive light and at places I don't expect to see it! I was checking out http://whoisisabella.com and saw an article written by Sabine Ehrenfeld that really spread the good word about my kind of mothering ~ I loved it!! Very cool. just thought I'd share
Thanks for all the great suggestions! This has been a rough week for me feeling like we are "behind" or that I'm not doing all I could be doing. This is a new feeling because I typically NEVER compare us to anyone but last week's storytime was so in my face, I couldn't overlook it. I think we will go to the library on thursday & "practice" and then we'll give it another go on friday morning for storytime. Thanks so much for reminding me that it's okay to hold off &...
Let me start by just stating that I my son more than anything in the world....okay with that said ~ I am feeling a little bit FRAZZLED from our storyhour at the library today. In a nutshell ~ I HAVE THE BAD KID!! My little cutie is totally disruptive, won't sit still, jumps on the teacher with a little karote chop, tries to wrestle with the other kids...you get the idea. He runs laps while all the other kids are sitting & listening to the stories. When it's...
I was just thinking that there's NO reason why I have clothes from 10 years ago and good point for the clothes I only wore once and probably never again. It's is the *sentimental* clothes that always get me: the vintage coats my grandma gave me and my old funky shirts that I just had SO much fun in.... I'm still thinking I should CHOP UP my sentimental clothes and try to use them for my winter sewing if I can't just handle passing them on. "OMG I am guilty...
I would probably say something *smart* too if that comment was made to me & my 3yr old nursing buddy... but I have to confess I have actually wondered it quietly to myself....
Heck yeah on Freecycle! Find a group in your local area at Freecycle.org I moderate the DuBois, PA group and last march, my biz sponsored a Free Clothing Drive. IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!!! you would not believe how MANY clothes that were given away! AND HOW MUCH WAS LEFT OVER!! the leftovers went to charities, a church and goodwill. there was plenty to go around. Everyone in our group wants me to throw another free clothing drive / swap and I'd...
Why do we have so much stuff?? I have been freecycle'n my butt off trying to get rid of all the stuff I have in my little place. In the idea of Fung Shui ~ Everyday I walk around my home thinking "what can I give away? what don't I need anymore? what doesn't make me happy? do I really want that?" Sometimes my place just seems INSANE to me! WHY DO WE HAVE SO MUCH STUFF? I have a 3 year old, a messy man, a website biz and my natural clutter tendencies...
Britt & LLL are most definitely making a statement along with all of our emails (and I hope it will make an impact) but it really makes me sad that they will not be attending. New mothers NEED to see, hear & connect with more breastfeeding organizations & natural-parenting companies. This is not the time to hide-out and let big business & money-driven formula companies have the run of the place and make the first impression to new mamas looking for...
Good idea on the doctor's note! I'll pass that info along as well as continue my attempt to get her more fired up on the discrimination issues. It is total discrimination! and Bull**it!! If it were me, I'd grab my pump, head for the bathroom & say watch me. (then there's the bathroom issue) : Thanks Mamas! I'll be talking with a local lactation consultant / activist today too. Sadie
Hey ~ I need your help ASAP ~ I have a client (in PA) that's struggled with BF from the start and now she's returned to her factory job and they've told her she is not allowed to pump at work. Are there any laws that cover a mother's right to pump? She needs something in writing. She's very shy & not confident. I worry this will really deter if not end her BF. I will check back on this post to see if anyone knows of any laws or can list links to...