or Connect

Posts by rainbow_mandala

Whatever happened to natural reactions?  We all have them, but we can't express them if they're not deemed "polite" or "politically correct" in society's terms.  Or, as is the case with MDC, if the reactions go against "alternative" practices (which is a loose term that apparently people can define as they see fit, as long as it doesn't "harm" anyone).  There's so much energy around not wanting to step on anyone's toes that the natural responses aren't given, which I find...
This post has been removed due to privacy reasons.
  It's a big deal in my eyes because it's a sexual act.  To me sex is something that is shared between two people who love and respect one another, not someone you've hired to help you give birth.  But I suppose that's just "mainstream taboo" and "personal comforts".    We all have our own ways of expressing our sexuality, I was just bringing up the problems with ethics and morals in regards to the midwifery community if this were to become a common practice.  Although...
  I have brought up certain specific points about this topic and you continue to run the other way. You say it's because my points are based on "mainstream taboo" or "personal comforts", which in some ways is true.  I also feel I've made relevant points that you choose not to address.  I think the real issue here is that you became hostile after I said that your argument is sloppy and loosely based on the actual topic.  You took this as some huge insult when it was really...
The real issue is that she won't state WHY it's not a big deal for a midwife to engage in clitoral stimulation with a client.  She's given poor arguments that are loosely based on the actual topic.  When I bring this up directly she sees it as harsh criticism and disrespect.  All she has to do is give a clear argument as to why this is not inappropriate, but all she says is that if everyone gives consent then why not?  I've shared why this isn't a valid reason, but she...
If you had read what I wrote before & after that you might not see it as so sad.
What is wrong with arguing against something you don't believe in and you even feel is harmful?  Being open and loving towards everyone and everything serves no one.  Sometimes it's important to speak up and state clearly one's viewpoint.  I think you're twisting my directness and succinct views as being a form of belittling when I'm actually just speaking up for myself and what I feel to be true.  Maybe (just a suggestion) you should step back a little and allow others...