or Connect

Posts by Mrs.Music

Woke up to a painful contraction this morning... But since I had to go to the midwife anyway, I didn't end up having to do any time in L&D. I did my glucose test. Came back fine. I figured as much. I told the midwife I thought the baby was transverse with feet on my right, head on my left and butt in my ribs... She felt around and said I was right. I got an u/s of my cervix when I popped in to the OB's for a visit. It's 2.7cm and the cerclage is intact, so that's looking...
I did my glucose test today. 95. So I am in the clear there. I woke up in horrible pain today though, so I got to have a little visit with the OB when he was out of surgery. We checked my cervix by u/s and it's 2.7cm and the cerclage is intact so that's great. Took a quick look at baby, who is weighing in at about 3lbs 5oz already.   Everyone worried about breech babies, it's probably ok to relax. My baby is transverse too and we just had a laugh about it. You can...
 They are unfortunately all perfectly accurate descriptions... Haha. I was an A cup before babies... C cup while nursing, a floppy A after weaning... And now I am a C again. So I don't know what this means for how big my nursing boobies will be. I'd be happy with a D, but I'm petite so I think a DD would KILL me. haha.
That is awesome news about your cousin's twins, Heather. :) So I'm going in for my glucose test in the morning. I'm not worried. Not looking forward to the drink though... It's not terrible but it certainly isn't good. haha. I am almost 29 weeks. Every day at this point is so exciting. I know once I past 33 weeks, it's going to be a strange experience for me. I'll be 32 weeks for Christmas. I am having no signs of anything remotely labory and it makes me happy. I should...

Choli- I think Grainne isn't a pretty sounding name anyway... But it's much worse if you mispronounce it. :/  And it took me forever to figure out how to pronounce it... There was a character in a book I read years ago with the name.   2xy- That just makes me super curious what your name is.   My name is boring. haha. Brianna. How many Briannas of Irish descent do you know? I bet tons.
I would join one. I don't know that denomination is important... We could probably do a nice broad one and if there is a lot of interest and not enough agreement, maybe split them up into less general chat categories? I was raised nondenominational, but as I've grown my beliefs have sort of become somewhere between Baptist and Pentacostal. As for what to call it.... I have no idea. "Christian Chat" does seem... lack-luster. But it's pretty to the point, I suppose....
Are there any good quality cartoons/movies about the birth of Jesus target to kids ages 2-4? My DD is getting all excited for Christmas but all the shows are about Santa (which we don't do.)
Except in a case where someone asked me to be completely honest or when I swear the name borders on child abuse, I would never say anything negative about someone's naming choice though I might say it's not my style. I feel completely free, however, to make fun of a name all I want to DH later in bed. hehe. I have unique names for my kids... And I rarely get comments about them.... Though a few people called K "calamari" for a while... Anyway, my mom hates one of the...
Just treat the OB like a regular person. Talk to him like he ISN'T going to try to push for everything you're against. Give him the benefit of the doubt. He is just doing his job and honestly doesn't know better. You don't really need to talk about any of those bothersome things unless you do end up risking out. But if you have questions, ask them. Don't argue, just listen. And you can come up with a plan to deal with them later if you need to. I got really lucky... My...