or Connect

Posts by MomTo2Cuties

Quote: Originally Posted by ma2two Since you have concerns, I can't imagine why you would take the risk of a second dose, when there is the option of the titer test. Well, the initial concern was if there had been any research with late MMR vaccination. However, that is a non-issue now that we have had him get his first dose and there were no problems whatsoever. It's not really a "concern", just a matter of what we will decide to do. Read...
My son is 7 years old and is nowhere near being retractable. He has been ballooning when he pees since he was around 2-3 years old. It's definitely not a temporary phase I guess! When he was around 2-3 he had a couple of days when he complained about it "hurting" when he peed, and shortly after was when he started ballooning. I'm guessing the pain was the separation, and because the tip of his foreskin is still very tight, it causes the ballooning. In any event, every...
Just to update...no reaction whatsoever to the MMR shot. He never had any fever, etc., from the shot and continues to be his same wonderful self. I'm still not sure what we will decide to do...get his titers checked or just opt for the 2nd dose of MMR. Either way, we're giving ourselves a year to decide. We had initially discussed having him get the 2nd dose one month after the first (supposedly is ok to do), but decided to give his body a year before the next dose. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoesmama Well honestly I don't think so. I think most of that link run-around was disproved but I still agree that vax can be harmful. I'd be scared to but I have friends that have never vax'd and their children have Autism. I also have a friend who's oldest son is mildly Autistic and fully and regularly vax'd as called for and its never worsened in any way. Can you get a tither test for MMR?? You might try that...
Giving this a bump. Anyone? Any bad reactions, problems, etc., developing after an MMR shot later in life?
Hi all, We have been using a delayed schedule for vaccinating our children. My son is 7 years old, and is "caught up" with all of his vaccines except MMR. We are thinking about having him get the MMR vax this summer. Any concerns with late MMR vaccination? I know that most of the concerns with MMR are the MMR/autism connection. My son has already been diagnosed with Asperger's. Would the MMR vaccine make his Asperger's worse? Or is the MMR/autism concern only when...