or Connect

Posts by candycat

Safety net my *&+^$.  Seriously.  I worked for only about a year after graduating (with honors, internships, etc) before starting a family and becoming a SAHM to my special needs son and then my daughter.  My marriage broke down due to my husband's mental health issues and I had to try to make it on my own.  I can't get a job to save my life.  I've applied to hundreds of places, literally, from coffee shop waitress positions to real "career" types of places.  Not one...
Oh please, please?  :)  That'd be excellent.   If you aren't having a c-section I'd be happy to attend your birth if you would like.  Or heck, I've even heard of people who have elective sections for whatever reason and still plan on having a doula for the recovery.  Just saying! :)
I don't have any family.  At all.  No siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents... nothing.   The reason the kids get sent home is cos they're always throwing up or start running a fever or get diarrhea.  I have no idea how/why.  DD was fine this morning, 100% - they said she was running a fever so I came to pick her up.  I bring her home, and she's fine again, no fever.  I dunno what gives.   I'm not getting any child support.  I'm supposed to be getting...
I don't know anyone.  I don't have any family.  I had a couple of friends but they were military and all moved away.   What's sucky is that I can't find a job because one or both of my two kids are constantly sick.  They've been in daycare for a month now and at least half the days they were there (they're supposed to be full time) I'm called in because they're sick, and then I can't take them back for x amount of days.  Today was another, so it looks like they can't...
Awesome, thanks!! :)
I am so... blah.   Due to health issues I wanted to have kids early so I didn't concentrate on building a career before babies.  I went to college, graduated, held a couple of nothing jobs, and then was pregnant and a SAHM.  Took a few graduate courses but nothing to write home about (i'm not in a graduate program anymore, left school on decent but not perfect terms in the middle of a semester, etc.)   Well, lo and behold... the floor fell out from under me, and...
Mods, this isn't a business venture - so I think I'm adhering to guidelines, I'm not trying to violate any terms!   I need to attend more births to complete my doula certification.  I'm having trouble finding births to attend, cos I just don't really know that many people in the area.  I've been trying to get my name out there but apparently I just don't hang out with enough pregnant people.  ;)  Would anyone mind having a doula at their upcoming birth, or know of...
OK, so my daughter is almost 3 but has only a little tiny bit of hair, and it's very curly.  We've never cut it and it's still too short to comfortably put up in a pony tail or anything.  She often wears a headband but sometimes just takes it off.  Honestly I think her half-curls are cute and don't make an effort to really do much with it.   So today I drop her off at her first ever day at daycare.  She enjoyed it which was the main thing.  But when I pick her up,...
My kids were born 10 months apart. Do the math. =P
ETA: The breadmaker idea is a good one. When we lived in Connecticut I totally did that, I set it to wake us up with bread in the morning. Unfortunately we are now at a high altitude where bread machines don't work. We can have the machine make the dough but we still have to bake it. And the sad thing is that depending on the weather of the day, and humidity content, etc, the recipe changes entirely. I know it does for other areas as well, but in two and a half years...