or Connect

Posts by luvymommy

I'm a Registerd Nurse in a pediatric office and I'm a delayed/ space out the vaccine advocate.  My daughter is almost 3 and has had most of her vaccines. That being said, I think as long as you are breastfeeding exclusively, the most important one to get is the DTaP booster.  Because, even breastfed babies can and do get pertussis and die from it.  Pertussis is a BIG deal, especially if your kids are around other unvaccinated kids. If you want good info about...
A friend of mine was considering VBAC after her OB suggested it.  However, after meeting with the other doctors with the practice, she got the impression she would end up with a c-section so she decided just to go ahead and schedule it 1 WEEK EARLY.  Not only is it safer to attempt VBAC but it is medically recommended to never schedule a c-section a week before the due date because that puts the infant at risk for lung issues.  Sigh.   Below is a link to my blog - my...
I love this thread. I didn't use hypnobirth/hypnobaby techniques but I did use the techniques described in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.  I think her's are very realistic and natural.  I've been curious about the hypnobabies thing for awhile so this thread is very interesting to me :)
aren't you worried about your baby rolling out of bed when you leave the room, or are your mattresses really close to the floor? I'm just trying to figure out how people make the co-sleeping thing work.  My daughter was in bed with me whenever she wanted as a baby but once she was old enough to roll out, I couldn't leave her there.
    FYI: Not all tongue ties are an easy fix. In my experience, it took a few months and MULTIPLE trips to fabulous lactation consultants to diagnose my daughter with a posterior tongue-tie.  Who knew, there were different types of tongue ties?  All I head read about tongue ties told me nothing about this type.  I'm sharing this because If your baby is having trouble with a latch, causing sore nipples, it could be a simple anterior tongue-tie which is an easy-fix or it...