or Connect

Posts by macandcheese

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and I haven't gained anything yet. In fact, I think I've lost a couple of pounds due to the lack of beer drinking :P I also don't have much of an appetite lately, I think due to the combination of the hot weather and the general lack of room in my stomach. I'm not showing yet, but everything feels a little more squished in my abdominal area. After like, ten bites of food I feel stuffed.
I really think we're having a girl, and so does DH. I haven't had any dreams or anything like that, and I can't even remember my exact dates to calculate which sperms might have had the best chance of getting through ... but I just kind of feel it, you know? We aren't going to find out the sex before birth, so we'll be surprised
I am late to the January '11 party, but I'm super excited to join you all! I'm 12.5 weeks right now and feeling pretty much normal (except for my insanely sore boobs *grumble*). I don't know if DH and I have gotten some weird nesting bug or what, but we decided on a whim to rip up our kitchen floor(s). Three days, two layers of linoleum, two layers of plywood subfloor, and 35 billion nails later, we finally hit the original hardwood at the bottom. Our kitchen ceiling...
I lurked a ton before I was confident that this kid was going to stick (no prior m/c history; just superstitious), and you ladies were very inspirational for me! I've been running about 3-3.5 miles per day with DH, and I plan to keep this up for as long as I possibly can. I found a few blogs written by women who ran for the entire nine months—I don't know if I can match that, especially since I hate running in the winter when I'm not 30+ pounds over my norm, but I do...
I did not drink much at all during the first tri (I indulged a couple of times before getting the BFP and had a glass of wine on my birthday), but now that I am at 12.5 weeks I feel much more comfortable having the occasional wine or beer. In fact, at my 12-week visit my midwife said, unprompted by me, "Do you drink? Because I would highly recommend having an occasional good-quality, hop-y beer to help with breast milk production." Apparently she did a lot of her...
Add me, please! I am late to the party—I've been reading, but I was feeling too superstitious to post until we heard the heartbeat. We visited the midwife on Tuesday, so now I feel like it's official! EDD: mid-January (around the 11th or so) Your Name: Meg Age: 29 State or Country: Pennsylvania How long it took to you to get your BFP: About two months What number child is this for you: First Family: Kelly (my DH) and Lego (cat!) Baby's Gender: DH and I both...
Just because most building sets are marketed towards boys doesn't mean they are for boys only! I was a total Lego junkie growing up (and now I can't wait until my kids are old enough to pull out the big tubs of Legos!), and by age 5 I was definitely ready for the "real" Legos. I preferred them to other building sets, as they are much more open-ended and versatile. Your DD can use them with her old Duplos, and of course she can add to the collection infinitely with more...