or Connect

Posts by macandcheese

We're doing BLW and started solids at about 5.5 months. Jude hit all the readiness markers (sitting up, etc.) and was stealing kale and lettuce every time we let him near the garden, so ...   We first gave him some large chunks of mango cut into sticks big enough for him to get in his fist. He's also had strawberries, watermelon, some mushroom, and overcooked pasta. Tonight he'll be dining on boiled sweet potatoes cut into sticks   Here is a photo of the mango...
Good to know, dejagerw! Thanks for the link—I may need to make an investment in one or two of those!
I agree with this. I'm small (about 110 pounds, shirt size small), but my boobs are HUGE. I seriously did NOT have this problem pre-kid! I had to get a Target tank top in a medium, and that is still not big enough for my breasts (boob thong! heh) while the main part is big enough that the fabric around my waist gets all baggy and bunched up, particularly if I'm wearing another shirt on top. It's okay for hanging around the house, but I want some that fit nice for the rest...
DDCC — Good luck, ladies! I totally credit the full moon with sending me into labor. There was no indication of anything happening, and then BAM! Super fast labor and baby born just as the full moon reached its peak over our house.   Don't underestimate that moon gravity!
So, so sorry, mama.
So, we had budgeted money to put in a small patio in the backyard using stone or pavers. In an incredible stroke of luck, our neighbors decided to replace their slate patio and do a poured concrete slab instead. They are giving all of their slate to us, totally for free.   Awesome, right? Well ... they have three dogs who regularly pee and poop on the slate. They are diligent about cleaning it pretty much immediately, so there is never poop just sitting out there or...
To add to the discussion on gender identity, here's a pretty cool clip from National Geographic that profiles the Bugis of Indonesia, who have five established and accepted genders:   http://genderfork.com/2009/the-bugis-five-genders/   FWIW, my child clearly has male genitalia and we are raising him as a boy, but we don't place any expectations on his gender. He's got boy, girl, and gender non-specific clothes, toys, books, etc., and we hope this helps to...
Five months and counting. I plan to wait until six months before letting DS start experimenting with food (for selfish, diaper laundry reasons I'd like to wait until he's potty trained, but ...). I've read a lot about BLW and it makes sense to us. We've been letting DS smell and see different foods for his whole life, just to get him sort of used to the different sensations. In a month our garden and CSA shares will be in full swing, so that will be the perfect time to...
Subbing.   Thanks for all the excellent links, ladies!
All of our Legos are in giant Rubbermaid-type storage bins. We save instruction books and catalogs in a separate box in case we want to reassemble any specific sets. We usually keep new sets together for only a little while before they are broken apart and added to the bins with all the other pieces. Sorting through the buckets for a particular piece is half the fun!   Unless you have a giant, dust-free area with lots of shelving, I don't think it would be practical...