or Connect

Posts by KyleAnn

Dh dvr's it and watches, usually when I am doing dishes after dinner.  Ds doesn't typically watch tv in the evening but if he is nearby playing or wants to snuggle up with daddy, sure.  He likes to watch shows with teams competing and doing challenges, usually picks one and cheers them on...he loves him some Amazing Race. 
I wash ds's sheets every two weeks-which to me, sounds a little ooky...but he doesn't really sleep in his bed.  He lays down for the night in his own bed & falls asleep, then when dh & I go to bed he comes and jumps in with us. I do wash his pillowcases a lot since he has orthodontics and it causes him to drool a lot...comforter & blanket get washed every couple of months unless it gets dirty.
Good for you! It's not always easy to say no, especially when there's some mommy-guilt about something thrown into the mix.  I am super guilty of this but I am trying so hard to be better, it does get easier, although...I don't always stick to my guns, it's a work in progress!
I think it depends on the child.  Ds has always been a Legomaniac so Duplos didn't do it for him very early on.  That being said, he only had the basic tubs of random Legos and when he was younger he just built his own creations.  As he got a little older he started recieving a lot of the sets as gifts and that was...eh.  We would work together to build them but then he would want to play with the ship/car/etc...it would fall apart...he would get upset...we would...
Ds, who will be 8 in March, was also a super-deep sleeper.  He was cd'd and out of diapers regularly at 21 months after several days of pl'ing. He continued to wet at night (heavily) until last November at 6 3/4 yrs old.  For a while we did try bringing him potty during the night-never helped.  We cut off drinks after a certain time-never helped.  We tried taking him out of the night time undies (GoodNights were the only thing that didn't leak at that point)-he just...
We have several close families that we hang out with, all of us together.  Works out fabulously-us grownups get to enjoy hanging out and all of the kids get along great.  We have five main families and all of us are all friends with each other, so we do a lot of get togethers with all of us combined...and mini vacations. Thank goodness!  I never go "out" without ds, so if we weren't blessed this way I would never be able to socialze!
We decided on only 1 child before we began TTC. Ds came along and it only made me more sure of our decision.  He was/is absolutely fantastic, we have a perfect family dynamic.  He is almost 8 now and I do not regret the choice at all, neither does dh. The ONLY issue we have is that for the last 1 1/2-2 years ds has begged...A LOT...for a sibling.  Literally everyone else we know has 2+ kids and he longs for a brother/sister.  We think being an only has so many...
Thanks ladies, for all the helpful replies! I am going to get started tomorrow, ds and I went and picked up a couple of cans of primer today... Haven't decided if I will sand it all down yet or not, I kind of want to test out a spot with the primer first. I guess I am being lazy? But the less steps the better for me...it's a huge basement, it's going to take me forever I think! Ugh.
So now that ds is back at school and I have too much free time, I have decided to finally get to work on the basement. As of now it is "finished", but the previous owners using paneling over all of the walls in the large main room. Before turning it more into an extra playroom for ds vs. the place we randomly dump big toys, extra toys and well, other junk...I would like to paint it. It is a dark, gloomy dark colored paneling...I would like to paint it white to brighten...
We do! We have a couple of lovely jars my mom bought me for this very purpose. I rarely, if ever, use them to replace old buttons or missing buttons...I like to buy cute ones when I see them. Nothing fancy, just cute colorful ones, flower shapes, kiddie shapes, etc. Ds loooooves them, we use them on artwork, to sort, play with, count. Last year for day 100 of school each child had to bring in a 100-of-something project and we glued 100 of them onto a poster...