or Connect

Posts by jellybeanmumma

I haven't been on in ages - life just swept me up in the busyness of trying to run a home business and raise a spirited 2yr old. But today I am losing it so here I am. Last friday DS came down with a really high fever and sore mouth. he refused food and went crazy on breastfeeding - I've been slowly trying to cut down his feeds to hopefully wean some time this year. So anyway for friday and the whole weekend he refused food and just drank milk. On monday he developed a...
The sharing sippy thing sounds a bit weird to me. I don't think that is really free ranging is it? I wouldn't be letting DS share with people we don't really know..
That. Every mumma repeat after me "my child is NOT a reflection on me.!" DS crawled really early and I was a bit chuffed. Then walked late and I swear he did it so I would learn that he is not my show pony! And when he learns something new and I try to show a relative or friend - he won't do it - he'll show them when he wants to show them!!
Yeah my 17mo son says tractor, car, dad, shoes, this, that, yum, and all sorts of stuff that only he understands.. but mum? Forget about it. I figure its cause I'm just so damn important to him that his little brain can't condense me down to one word. At least that's what I try and tell myself...   And as for normal toddlers - I realise that there are often cases where intervention is helpful, necessary, even vital and that in these cases it can dramatically improve...
Yeah what is it with people taking sick kids out to swap snot?? What about giving them a day or two off the world to let their body fight the infection and bounce back instead of pumping some pharmaceauticals into them and continuing life as usual?  
I just had a duh moment. I can stop beating myself up about that now! Although we have been wearing him a lot less lately I must admit he does spent a lot of time up on my shoulders which is great weight training as well! These answers were exactly what I was after. I just got to remind myself that running is still pretty new for him so we've got to teach him about how to do it safely.
He'll do strollers for a very short time, mostly just for naps though. We have a great push trike with a handle but are travelling by plane so it won't fit. His only love for toys at the moment are matchbox cars. We have a great travel case called a trunkie that is also a push toy which saved us in the airport last week. And he does like being up in the backpack for a while. I really appreciate people taking the time to answer. I remember reading the Contimuum Concept...
Thanks for some good ideas. I like the stop/go idea. Obviously it would be harder at the festival cause he'll be super stimulated but it may help us for day to day stuff. I'm thinking he'll find the stop stamping feet hilarous. I'm going to try it at the park this arvo.
I feel for you. Molars are the worst. We're just coming out of a dark dark period of a month during which DS grew 4 canines and 2 molars. Hell and back. It was a fine line for us timing the bedtime dose of painkkillers so that they had kicked in by the time we wanted him to fall asleep, to early and the pain went away before the bedtime routine was over and so he was stoked and ready to play, too late and he was in too much pain to drop. We were also having about 2-3 or...
So I got 5 mins into the to leash or not to leash threads and gave up. I'm not really looking for debate, I'm looking for helpful tips from mums of runners who have managed without leashes as I feel they are not for us. That is not a judgement on anyone else cause you got to do what works for your family. So Anyway its late and I need my internet time for work stuff so tips would be greatly appreciated.   DS 17mo is spirited and a wanderer. We live in a small town...