or Connect

Posts by stacyann_1

Thread seems a bit old, but wanted to add I have been feeling this way also about my 5 year old.  He tells me often that at school that ALL the other boys look different and they look at him and have even noticed he looks different.  This shocks me a bit, I had always told my (intact) husband there will be other boys the same as him, as it is becoming more common in the US. My husband feels his confidence would be better in adolescence if he was circ'd he might have even...
One other CDC link.. That lists the studies that they have done on autism-vaccine. http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/doc...ne_studies.pdf
Quote: Originally Posted by tmaue Some say that they wouldn't be able to do a double blind placebo trial, so a study can't be done, but they don't use double blind placebo trials with vaccines right now as it is. If they did, we would have alot of the information that we need to help us make decisions because then would would have the comparison between the vaxed and the unvaxed in an actually clinical study. Many people are claiming there is no...
Quote: Originally Posted by Scattershoot For those who think the these parents are in this for monetary gain, I suggest you take 6 months out of your lives and live with a severely autistic child. I have never thought a parent of an autistic child was in it for monetary gain. The environmental doctors, the bad scientists, those that take advantage of parents of autistic children.. yes, that is what they are in it for. The woman that...
What countries besides the US do not have Mandatory Vaccinations? I pretty sure in the UK it is mandatory, though I know it wasn't followed in recent years largely because of Wakefield.
I must admit, I have posted in this forum before and I have never carefully read the guidelines. There are 2 sentences in it that I don't agree with, but I respect the right of mothering.com to have a form of it's liking, so of course I will abide by the rules. I use to be on the fence about some vaccinations, even the MMR-autism link, or the need for a child to get the Hep B vaccine at birth (still don't see how this is necessary!), but the more I read the more it...
Quote: Originally Posted by tmaue Then you have already convicted him based on stuff you hear in the media. What if, just what if, everything done and said by Wakefield is correct? All his study was doing anyway, was trying to decide whether this should be looked into further. If this study were done on anything besides vaccines, they would be starting larger studies to look into this. But instead, it was about vaccines, and he is taken to court. ...
"I haven't found a disease that I find to be worse than the vaccinations. " How about Polio? To spend one more second on consideration for the MMR/Autism link is too much. It's done, Wakefield has hurt people, hurt countries with his *work*.. and in the end, at some point in the future, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, no one will be standing behind him.
Congrats! I got pregnant on met twice. The first time i don't remember how many cycles, but it ended in m/c (chromosome abnormality) A year later, still on met, after 2 unsuccessfuly clomid cycles I conceived twins while just on met.
27 glorious months I have twins though (still nursing at 33 months)