or Connect

Posts by aidenn

I am stuck.  Utterly stuck at 199 lbs, and have been for the last 10-14 days.  It's like the universe heard my prayer to be under 200 lbs and said, "Well, there you go!" and took off!   I still need to lose another 23-25 pounds to be at prepregnancy weight.  Exercise doesn't do a whole lot for me (other than the basic kid-chasing and walking), and I subscribe to the saying "abs are made in the kitchen."  The only way I can restrict myself in the kitchen is by the...
lilmamita - I couldn't live without spicy food.  Honestly, COULD. NOT. SURVIVE.  I am the girl who eats Korean and Indian and Thai food like it's going out of style, and I can't recall the last time I ate pizza without either Tapatio or sriracha.  I agree with haurelia - the food restrictions (other than caffeine) have really not been bourne out by research and my attitude towards breastfeeding is to continue your regular varied diet, unless you notice that something might...
Congrats to Serafina33!  Your baby is cute as a button!   Mama on Flora - I am thinking of you now!   Someone asked about dressing newborns in Halloween costumes?  River is going as a fox.  We're knitting it because I can't be arsed to sew right now.  I make mention of "we" because I'm parting out portions of the knitting to my grandmother.  A knit lamb's ear hat for DD2, a modified version of the lamb hat for DD1 (I am knitting the horns, but not very quickly) and...
Jennyanydots - Oh, boy, what a doozy that coincidence is turning out to be!  I hope by now you're recovering and that everything went smoothly (as possible).  I am glad they were able to have you room in with your baby!   Serafina33 - I couldn't sleep last night and you were on my mind; I am selling some newborn prefolds and I was thinking about your amazing diaper stash recovery and just grinning!  It's hard to put a price on the nice diaper stash!  That prodromal labor...
lilmamita - I've been thinking of you with the passport stuff.  We had a misspelling on River's birth certificate, but it's all filed online here in Florida now, so the birth certificate only takes a day to be able to print.  Huge help to us, but I am surprised that a bigger state like TX isn't on board with that yet.  Blerg, I hope it moves smoothly for you!   CDsMom1031 - Nice weight gain on your newborn!  River is up about 2 pounds over his birthweight at 3 weeks...
It really would be a gamble to see if the carpet cleaner would be enough to get rid of the cat smell.  I think it's a necessary step at this point, regardless.   Cat urine smell, especially male spray (which is much more malodorous than female spray, IMO) is really rough and very pungent.  If it has been sitting a while or was prolific when it was being made, I can about guarantee that at the very least it's in the padding, if not the subfloor.  It's nearly impossible to...
Is the smell of cat urine coming from inside or outside the home?  You mention the outdoor cat and the indoor dog stains, but I am unclear where the actual smell is emanating from.   If it is coming from outdoors, you're going to want to deter the cat from coming into your yard.  Lots of suggestions are available at this link.    If it's coming from indoors, you'll have to use an enzymatic cleaner (like Nature's Miracle, usually available at pet supply stores for about...
Another non-swaddler here!  My babies never liked it after my milk came in...they need the range of motion to stretch to poop without being super fussy.   We love our ring sling and co sleeping on our sides.  It seems to work well enough. 
tillymonster - Don't feel bad for not doing tummy time - we actively avoid that in our home.  As long as she's tummy to tummy with you reclined on occasion, you're good.  This blog post has some succinct addressing of the issues with tummy time in the American parenting world.   River, 3 weeks. Dopey baby face     Hoping he keeps my blue eyes
Stomach sleeping Pants that button and zip Being able to twist my body to look at something Regular pooping Shaving my legs Painting my toenails without help   I am not a good pregnant woman.