or Connect

Posts by hasya

Thank you all for your replies! This is a shocking new thing she is doing. I was wondering where we went wrong with her. It is good to know that other AP parents experience this too, and the kids do turn out well! Since I am sitting at the boring old computer now, she is playing with her snowsuit. And she's back. Wants my cup of hot tea. Er....sorry, no!
I was trying to lube DD's stroller wheels yesterday with some machine oil, and she wanted the bottle of oil. You could say that I should have done it while she was asleep but because she sleeps in our bed, I remain in the same room while she's asleep.   Anyway, she started shrieking for the bottle, which of course I wasn't going to give her. Before starting, I left many of her own and library board books for her to look at on the floor. She loves looking at the...
Our local IKEA nursing room is attached to a bathroom. Rather, the bathroom is attached to the nursing room - it is just one bathroom instead of stalls, so it makes me feel special that we have our own bathroom :-). As I have stated elsewhere, I don't do NIP because of personal reasons as well as having a distractible babe. I wouldn't mind such a room as you describe. You should see the nursing room at my city airport. It is teeeeeny. Compared to that?
My mom was given pethidine when in labor the first time and she believes that that's the cause of his respiratory problems when he was born. I think he's fine now, but he does get allergies way too many times.   The other 2 labors were med free; my sister was born in 2 hours, start to end, while I kept threatening to be born for 15 days and then...! However she did have episiotomies, and that was the norm then. My grandmother had home births, all, because that was...
For how long do you soak, say, brown rice? Other grains?
By traditional, do you mean, with meat, etc.? My family has been vegetarian for as many generations as anyone remembers, and so have all of my relatives. It is a cultural thing. Lacto-vegetarian is what we call vegetarian. Some people eat eggs but it wasn't traditional. Yes, we eat full fat dairy. Make our own yogurt at home with whole milk without all of those fancy yogurt makers. Just a stainless steel vessel, a warm place, and seed culture. I just found an...
It isn't so much my parenting choice as what was done in my country. I don't think anyone was formula-fed routinely or made to sleep separately. However, my mother had to leave me at home when I was a month old and go to work for half a day. She hated having to do so, but she had no choice. My parents were supporting too many people including older children, parents, and extended family. My grandmother gave me dilute tomato juice and dilute dried grape juice in the...
I would love to get a carrier. Get the husband jealous of the adoring looks the baby gives me when in the carrier. He wants to carry her too. He loves it now.   MMM, I think I remember seeing a picture of Orlando Bloom babywearing. I don't remember exactly, but that's the image that comes to mind.
Extreme stubbornness. Yes, that. I was howling in pain my entire first month bfing. Had a backache and developed tendonitis that is still getting treated... But DH refused to let me succumb to just give her formula. We had decided that I wouldn't take the easy way out. Guess what, we did end up taking the easy way out, because now, there are no bottles to wash!!! I haven't really decided how long I want to nurse. I am taking it as it comes. I know one thing though, and I...
Cover doesn't work for DD, because she'll push it up, but I find a discreet place. While I don't have a problem seeing women nurse in public with no cover, it is odd for me if everything is out there, but that's just my conservative upbringing. I would never make someone cover up or give them glares or stares for nursing anywhere anytime any way. To each her own. I do give glares and stares when I see smokers though, and don't hesitate to comment about the stink aloud...