or Connect

Posts by hasya

If you use a colander, be sure to use a thin muslin or even thin cotton cloth to keep the seeds covered and to retain dampness. I sometimes use paper towels. My husband keeps stealing my sprouting cloths for general cleaning, sigh!   I only sprout until I see the shoots are of the same length as the seed. My husband has a hard enough time with accepting that. Let's get him to used to that first, is my objective.
Thanks!! So the moby doubles as a waist binder? No wait it will be tied high away from the incision. How is it worn? Any tutorials that you use? And what kind of a waist binder? I've only ever heard of one that is tied tight to help tighten the musles and don't think that that would be appropriate here. Which one is used for c mama belly support?
Dear friends,   My sister has a 10 day old baby born via C-section.   She is looking for a carrier or a wrap/sling that she can use in such a way that it doesn't hurt her incision. She has always had a bad back as well. But because of her circumstances, she needs to have her hands free and also some times, to walk around the house while nursing.   Which one is best? And for how long can she use it, given her bad back? Is there a soft-structured carrier that...
My mother told me that there will be blood and if I wipe and see more blood, to tell her or a female teacher if at school, to ask for money to cab it home. I didn't know the specifics about pregnancy. To be honest, I don't remember when I found out, but not too much after menarche, if that.   In my country, at least at that time and income level, unwed teen girl pregnancies were almost unheard of, because of its being a conservative society. I don't think it occurred...
Thank you so much for responding! Somehow, this thread disappeared from "My Posts", so I thought that I never posted it. I just realized that I did, when I opened this folder in my email.   I ended up using ripe mango for yellow and strawberry for pink.
Brambleberry, she isn't cranky during the day though, and is quite active. I am confused. But I'll look for this book. I've never wanted to read about sleep-trainers, because a lot of it seems to involve letting them cry for us in bed. Doesn't work for us. Or me, at least. No cry, eh? I should look it up. Take her to the bookstore during her nap and try to read it. 2 birds with one shot.
Phew! I came on her to ask about my almost 2 year old's naps. She has been fighting them very hard. She always did. Nursing does it for her on some days. On some days, it just spurs her on. It is truly becoming a power struggle with my getting angrier and angrier. Because that is the only time that I have to do the dishes and tidy up and she's refusing to go down. I don't mind cleaning up with her awake, but most of her waking time goes into my cooking or playing with...
Dear friends,   I would like to make a Ming MIng cake for my daughter (of Wonder Pets fame).   http://wonderpets.wikia.com/wiki/File:Ming-Ming_thumbnail.png   I figure that with my very poor artistic skills, this may be the best to make, because it is circular and no cutting is involved.   My question is, what *real* foods can I use to dye the cake? I have ideas but I don't know how to implement them, as I am not into baking (it's a cultural...
Hi Smokeylo,   DD started daycare 1x a week and has been going for a couple of months now. For now, I am keeping my old job for 1 day a week. I am considering medical writing as a career. Fingers crossed.   Good luck to you too! Do keep me posted on how your career move goes.
Bummer! Why are these kiddos this unreasonable!!! Grrrr....   Mine was low on iron too (we did supplement her, but not as much as they asked me to; she wouldn't take it).   To keep her iron up:   Idea 1.   I make lentil pancakes for her.   Soak: black gram + brown rice, 1:2. Grind to fine batter consistency with salt to taste. Let ferment overnight (I place it in the oven, because the heat from cooking keeps it warm). When it rises to double (or...