or Connect

Posts by hasya

I don't know the science but I would definitely pump at the same time that you nurse her, or at least close to it.
Hi! Thanks for the responses.    I posted on the homeschooling forum but haven't gotten any responses unfortunately.   Proofreading textbooks, eh? Perhaps I should look up the publisher names and contact them. Great idea, thanks!   Website - I wish I had seen this before I saw a website by one of my colleagues from school doing the same thing. Of course, I saw her website for the first time several months ago. I thought it was a brilliant idea and that she's...
I agree about teasing. But I think that teasing at home, between siblings is good, if they know the limits. I have some fond memories of being teased and laugh over them. In school? Not so much. I remember all the nasty comments making fun of me for writing with a short pencil for example. How is that good for anyone? And isn't teasing according to some people supposed to teach life's lessons? What's the lesson here? To toss things out before they're used up?
Want help explaining science to the young ones?   Would you like to explain science while engaging their hands and their brains? And want help to decide how?   Do you need difficult concepts explained to you, to pass it on to your children?   Would you like someone to explain this one topic or that other topic to your child?   And much more...   I have a PhD in biochemistry and I would like to offer my services to homeschooling parents to help you...
Online course at a university? Interesting! Oh no, not a law firm, though. They think that they own their employees. I do not have the time or energy for that, what with a toddler, and trying to get fit for another baby.   With a BA in education...isn't that meant to be for teaching at school? Perhaps, YOU can open a school of your own. Perhaps learn about the Montessori system and just have a play school. Too complicated? I don't know.   Dogmom, I hope your...
Oooh, that's interesting! For home schoolers! What a brilliant idea! Thank you, thank you!   I think I am really good at teaching. At least that is what the younger grad students told me. And my students when I TA-ed. I could sooo do this! I just have to figure out what level they need it at. There is perhaps a homeschooling forum on here. I'll ask there about interest for such a thing. Or even skype for them, to explain chemistry. My undergrad was in chemistry. And...
Dear friends,   I knew that I am at the right place! Mothering DOES have a section for this!   I have a PhD in biochemistry. I was supposed to get a professorial position, be a world-renowned scientist and all that, just kidding, but I cannot muster up enthusiasm for this. I have been trying to figure out WAH options.   I have no sewing nor knitting not carving nor even IT skills. I used all my time until a few years ago, getting that degree, then, trying to...
The second one sounds like a reasonable mistake to make, esp. as the tech realized the folly of the question immediately. But the one that was quoted on here? What an idiot!   A cousin told her mother that I had put on weight. When I sent a picture at under 2 months PP.   A colleague told me that I was looking great but not to put on any more weight. This was about 30 weeks pg...
Oh no! I would have fedexed one to you. I didn't see this post in time. I hope power stayed on for you or a flashlight found its way to you.
Dear friends, when I posted the previous post, I hurriedly typed it and didn't get a chance to read all responses carefully. Now, I did.   It's like a switch went off in my daughter's head. She still hangs around the door when I am in the bathroom, but (knock on all wood), doesn't cry. She finds it amusing; I've always left the door open so that I can keep on eye on her, but...   She still hates it when I cook. I think that she thinks that I have better things to...