or Connect

Posts by hasya

She's 15 months old, and I am now feeling comfortable with tucking the comforter around her legs, with the other side tucked below me. She kicks it off if she doesn't want it.
An update:   So we went to see a physiotherapist and an occupational therapist together on Saturday. They asked a bunch of questions, played with her, and mainly, sat her on a giant exercise ball and had her move around on it. She was fast asleep when we got there because she refused to go down at her usual time. It was so hard to wake her up! She wasn't happy on the ball initially, but when she finally woke up fully, she had fun.   Verdict - apparently, children...
I used to place the nursing pillow around her feet until she was 6 months old. To tell us that that is where she is. I use only a light pillow. All other pillows go to the foot of the bed. We used only thin bedsheets for "comforters", and then, wrapped them around us. Just these past 2 days. it somehow feels comfortable to use a light comforter over all of us. We don't pull it up high, though, and her head is just below mine; just right for nursing, haha.
Crunchy mommy and Nzjmama, thanks for your reassuring posts.   Something funny happened today, along the lines of standing/walking. I took her to a playgroup for toddlers and preschoolers, not realizing that the very first "rule" was that they should be already walking. Seeing so many of the kids walking and running, she refused to sit down. She was holding on to a play shopping cart for most of the time that we were there. She even held her own against invading...
Tipping the head back... hmmm, yes, she won't let me tip her head back often to rinse her hair out. I found an OT in my area and booked a free assessment in 10 days. Please keep your inputs coming in, as I have no idea what I am looking at. I'll keep you all posted. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention. Glad I posted this thread! If it is nothing, no harm, no foul. If it is something, I am glad she can begin to get help right away and not wait until she...
Baked at what temperature?
Oh wow!         1. Hypersensitivity To Movement (Over-Responsive):     __ avoids/dislikes playground equipment; i.e., swings, ladders, slides, or merry-go-rounds   Fine with swings now; sat on a see-saw for some time, although held by me, because her weight wasn't sufficient to let gravity do its job. I don't know if she'll like it again. __ prefers sedentary tasks, moves slowly and cautiously, avoids taking risks, and may appear...
Thanks, sosurreal! What do you know! My husband wants vinegar in a spray bottle to clean wash basins and such too! Dual purpose :-).
RRMum, DD had that for about 3 weeks at 12 mo. What helped? I set a footstool in the bathtub, sat with her facing me in my lap. I filled a bucket with water and started pretending that the soap was a toy. It was a glycerin and thus translucent soap. The view through it was funny. And that really helped. I kept up a light banter, telling her the names of her hands, feet etc. She was in the parroting phase (still is), and was really taken by ankle. She would keep repeating...
My 15 month old shrieks like a banshee if I so much as try to cook or do dishes in her presence, esp. if she and I are the only ones at home. Ever since she started moving around. I don't know if it is because she thinks that I am doing something interesting without her knowledge or if the sounds scare her. She lets me fold clothes though she may try to undo what I just did, which I suppose, is typical of a toddler. I wonder if her vocal cords can take the strain that...